Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Green poop. Cause for concern?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby serafim » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:33 am

I am back from college for spring break. I eat relatively healthy there (at least 1 or 2 salads a day, blah blah blah). I also take some vitamins and supplements while at school. Well its only been 2 days and my poop is green. First time this is happened. Ive got a list of potential reasons why this might be...
1. Since ive been home, ive been eating terrible food (instant rice meals, mozzarella sticks, etc)
2. I left my vitamins at school, so i havnt been taking them.
3. Would stress play a part in this? I just finished midterms, which are always super stressful for me.

I read somewhere that green poop could mean you have cancer. I hope i dont have cancer. Should I be concerned about green poop?
serafim

Postby wiellaburne3 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 am

no it is not a sign of cancer and not necessarily even a sign of infection. could just be from something you ate. the only colors to be worried about are black because it is sometimes digested blood, red with actual blood in it, or grayish white clay like stools because that can be a serious liver problem. anything else can be normal and due to something you ate. even black and red can sometimes be from something you ate.

has your "terrible" food included food coloring? some people can not digest it, for example they eat m&ms and due to yellow and blue making green plus the green candies already present will poop green. also the dye in those slurpee, slushy, icey, frozen type drinks can cause green poop. I would not worry. you very well may have eaten something green
Lack of bile would cause Light-colored, white or clay-colored stool not green which is why I thumbs downed the other answer, for incorrect information. not because they gave me the thumbs down.
wiellaburne3

Postby mansfield » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:46 am

Maybe a blockage in your bile duct. Monitor the situation and if things don't go back to the normal brown colour see the doctor.
mansfield

Return to Cancer Prevention