Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Given Less Than 6 Months To Live. Severely Depressed.?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby diandre18 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:57 pm

I was diagnosed with lung, pancreatic, and testicular cancer about a year ago and now the doctors say I have 6 months to live. Everyday I go through life in a blur and am severely depressed. I can barely stand up without feeling like throwing up. I need words of advice thank you. God bless
diandre18

Postby aelfraed50 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:10 pm

Just bear in mind that everybody will die and its your time now to shine. Don't be depressed. Instead, do things that will make people remember you. You have little time left and make the most out of it. Try to be with God and your family every moment. Tell them you love them. Be sorry for your sins and try to cope with reality. Death is something that comes to everybody. Remember, death is not a loss its a gain. It's your birthday in Heaven! Be happy! Smile and let the warmth of the sun cheer you up! Gob bless you always until your 2nd birthday!
aelfraed50

Postby cuchulain » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Well, try to look at it from a different vantage point.....most people get asked what they would if they only have a day, a week, a month to live....and usually they answer with their dreams, things they have always wanted to do but never had the guts/energy/money to do. Now,i am not telling you to go blow all your money or go crazy. Just thi.k about what means most to you or what dfeam youhad as a little kid. You can reconnect with old friends, take a roadtrip, join a club, volunteer or reconsider connecting with a faith community. It is your choice. The idea is to live your life in the most meaningful way possible. Also, maybe you should consider joining a support group.
I hope everything goes well for you. God bless you.
cuchulain

Postby devlin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm really sorry to hear that. Try to focus on the better times you've had in the past and what you've accomplished in life and hopefully, you can muster up the strength to make some better times! Do something you've always wanted to do but you've never done it. I personally am not a believer in god and whatnot, but... I do believe there is something after death that IS much better than our current life. Look at it like this, you are about to embark on a new adventure. Please feel better and I wish you only the best. :)
devlin

Postby celestine » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Leo Deaguero was told he had six months too but is still alive. He asked for God's help.

'' Living on the streets for 5 years drinking all day led Leo to develop an advanced case of hepatitis and cirrhosis. One morning, when Leo woke up, he wasn’t able to get up. With a stomach swollen to half its size, he lay half conscious until an ambulance finally came and took him to a hospital....

''Each day, his stomach was drained of fluid, up to half a gallon each time. His daughter and ex-wife were told by the doctor that even if a liver donor was found, he wouldn’t live more than 6 months... (he did a purpose with God)...He no longer needed a liver transplant and today, he has his own growing business. He is free from alcohol and the life he now has is one he never dreamed of! '' Leo Deaguero was told he had six months too but is still alive.

source: succeedinlife.org > case-studies > (third page) leo-deaguero.
celestine

Postby aberto77 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 pm

I can't say I wouldn't be doing the same but in this moment you are alive. If you only have a small amount of time, I would do everything you wanted to do (health allowing). Say everything you want to say. Go wherever you want to go. Take in the world for all of it's beauty. Try to find peace within yourself and with God. Your strength and courage could impact someone to live life in a completely different way. You never know.

Live life for you are not dead.
aberto77

Postby amlawdd31 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:42 pm

A family member was told he had a few months to live, and he made it a whole year! Then when he was supposedly in his last few days, he held on for weeks. Doctors can't say precisely. Enjoy every day and count your blessings. Take it all in!<3 Best wishes
amlawdd31

Postby taylan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:54 pm

A family member was told he had a few months to live, and he made it a whole year! Then when he was supposedly in his last few days, he held on for weeks. Doctors can't say precisely. Enjoy every day and count your blessings. Take it all in!<3 Best wishes
I was givin 2 months to live. I even got second opinion and they said weeks. i was so mad and angry for 2 weeks. I said im not gona die ima prove them all wrong and here i am 6 years later im sick but living strong i run and excerise 4 times a week.
taylan

Postby acair » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Get off the computer. Please. You need to ENJOY YOUR TIME. Be with your family and loved ones. Do things you'd never think about doing before. Pray every morning and night. Heaven will be everlasting and promising but you need to enjoy time on earth.
acair

Postby graent » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 pm

If your happy you will live, I promise you this. Doctors are rarely right when they tell you that your going to die. Your strong, Youve made it this far. You can do it! Your life is worth it.
graent

Next

Return to Lung Cancer