Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Frequent Menstruation, Severe Back/shoulder Pain, Extreme Fatigue?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby Doire » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:42 am

My mother is 51 years old and she's been having very severe pain on her RIGHT back/shoulder, extreme fatigue, and frequent menstruation (every 2 weeks)

She went to the gynecologist and he said that she had an ovarian cyst (I believe) and also something else... I think it was uterine fibroids

She's taking hormonal medication for now and will go back to the gynecologist in a couple of weeks.

However I feel like her symptoms are getting worse... especially with the back/shoulder pain and fatigue. She is on her menstrual cycle now.

What could be the problem?

I am very worried... I am hoping it is not cancer.......

Thank you.
Doire

Postby Yissachar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:44 am

some remedies could make different pre-present circumstances worse (like musculo-skeletal themes). i might communicate to a pharmacist and her healthcare expert before annoying too lots. must be merely a count of fixing dose or medicine. Fibroids ought to account for something.
Yissachar

Postby Theodore » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:48 am

The fibroids will definitely make her bleed, along with fibroids she might be having endometriosis.
Your mom is at the average age where women begin menopause.
Bleeding after menopause is usually considered very bad news in terms of tumors and stuff.
The extreme fatigue is basically from all the bleeding.
She is loosing too much blood therefore she has less oxygen in the body.
If you feel symptoms are getting worse take her to the hospital as soon as you can because she should not be suffering that much.
It might benefit her to get a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) if this problem is too severe.
Theodore

Return to Ovarian Cancer