Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Found bumps under skin... Could it be Cancer?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby pallaton16 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:57 am

Hi I am a 17 yet old guy. About a year ago I found a small little bump under my skin near my temple. I never really thought anything of it untill recently. Although the size of the first one is the same recently I have found a few more little lumps like the other one but in other places like under my ear, under my chin, on the back of my neck and even one in my mouth. I have not told anyone about them yet because I thought they were harmless but today I have begun to get worried. The bumps dont hurt to touch and cam move under the skin but always go back to where they were, also the bumps seem to be hard but I'm not 100 percent sure. Could it be cancer and what should I do?
pallaton16

Postby caimheul » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:05 am

Those are Lymph glands and if you're noticing that they are changing as you say, you have some kind of infection that probably requires a physician to check out. I won't/can't make any kind of diagnosis without a face to face appointment. And since I don't do that, you should contact your family physician and schedule an appt.

I hope it's nothing that antibiotics can't fix, but you need a professional opinion
caimheul

Postby albany94 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:08 am

It could be limp nodes or cancer hope I helped good luck
albany94

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer