Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Feline leukemia,tested (-) but came down with it?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby pyrs63 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:03 am

My mom had found this cat in very poor health 3-4 yrs ago,we treated him for a infection he had,brought him to the vet to get nurtured,tested for feline leukemia and got a few shots,called my mom to let us know all went well and he was (-) for it.He was fine last night and this morning..around 12 pm,he was dragging his back legs and was meowing in the distressed meow call,I made a spot for him,he was uncomfortable,I petted him to assure him,its Sunday so no vet..my dad did what had to be done.I have a 7 yr old female (spayed) got her as a stray kitten from a litter of other kittens,she's pretty healthy,but fat..which we are careful with feeding her,is there a chance she has it and passed it to our other cat? he had almost every single sign of it. Please be nice and I will bring her in to get tested this week.
pyrs63

Postby crompton » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:12 am

Sounds like he was hit by a car or suffered some other injury. Please do a scoop and run to the emergency vet right now. Does your vet seriously not have 24x7 hours? Get a better vet!

Edit: Wait, do you mean your father KILLED the cat and now you're worried about the other one? If so, PLEASE surrender ALL of your pets in the morning and never, ever be in charge of any other life forms. If I knew who you were I'd report your father for animal cruelty.
crompton

Return to Leukemia Forum