Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Fake tanners: What is it about a fake tan that appeals to you?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby macnicol » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:24 am

This is a question that I pose to people who get spray tans.

Obviously there's the whole 'Because it won't give me skin cancer' thing, but spray tans look completely different to sun tans. So I ask my questions with that fact in mind. For example, a sun tan looks natural, (generally) even and nice. Whereas a spray tan looks artificial, uneven and obvious.

What is it about a spray tan that appeals to you and makes you want to keep getting one?
What is it about a spray tan that you think appeals to other people? (As in, on you.)
Have you ever had someone tell you that you look don't look nice with a spray tan?
macnicol

Postby gilpin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:29 am

I don't know I have seen some people who can look good with a spray tan. But my friend got one and..well it looked unnatural. Like with a real tan the inner part of your arm doesn't get tan but a spray tan makes it tan. And you can just tell it's fake. But I think if you get a really good spray tan it could look good. It just depends where you get it and if it's in a booth or if a person does it for you. I personally have never had a spray tan before. And I also have never been to a tanning bed either. But I do tan a lot in the summer if I go outside a lot :)
gilpin

Postby ely » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:35 am

I would stay white before Id use a tanning bed. I've gotten a spray tan once and I liked it ok(it was free)my husband liked it a lot.
ely

Postby jeannette71 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:40 am

ok
jeannette71

Postby nicholascage96 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:47 am

As a pale redhead, I've asked this question before.
Most of them said because it makes them look healthier.

But I think it goes something like feeling prettier. Girls think that guys like tan girls...and most of them do in my experience. So they think that if they get a spray than, they will be more appealing to men. And I would guess that they pick a spray tan because they don't have time to go out and get a real tan.

I remember getting highlights in 9th grade because everybody was getting highlights. It made me feel prettier and I got attention and compliments from them.

Maybe that's why the do it....for attention.
nicholascage96

Postby hadwin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:52 am

There are no fake tans that are appealing. They're all oompa loompa gross
hadwin

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer