Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Early Age Bladder Cancer

All discussions relating to bladder cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Early Age Bladder Cancer

Postby eadmund » Wed May 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Dear,

My cousin of 22 years has a adeneocarcinoma of urinary bladder with mucinus and signet ring differentiation.(T3N2). He is undergoing chemotherapy after partial removal of bladder.  What is the best chemotherapy for this type of cancer. Please tell me about how long I can spend my time with him? Is long term survival of 5 or ten years can be expected from signet cell type of cancer?
eadmund

Early Age Bladder Cancer

Postby Braedon » Wed May 11, 2016 8:54 pm

First of all, I live in Sweden. I have a principle here of not giving advice with regards to details of chemotherapy for 2 reasons, 1. I do not know what is available in other parts of the world, in this case India, and 2. I do not know enough details with regards to the cancer here AND the patient here! Only the doctor in charge of the treatment does that! And a ship can not have 2 captains at the same time! So this MUST be discussed with his doctor. Yes young patients with this kind of cancer usually has more aggressive cancers and signet cell cancers are usually more aggressive. But in order to give some sort of prediction I MUST know much more with regards to his cancer(at least its stage and grade and best as much as possible of the pathology of it in detail). I also need to know how successful his surgery was and as much clinical information apart from that as possible! Without that what I can provide is more or less guesswork and that is not what I want to offer.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH

There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
Braedon

Early Age Bladder Cancer

Postby Calbex » Thu May 12, 2016 12:15 pm

Dear,

My cousin of 22 years has a adeneocarcinoma of urinary bladder with mucinus and signet ring differentiation.(T3N2). He is undergoing chemotherapy after partial removal of bladder.  What is the best chemotherapy for this type of cancer. Please tell me about how long I can spend my time with him? Is long term survival of 5 or ten years can be expected from signet cell type of cancer?
Calbex

Return to Bladder Cancer