Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: United Kingdom Seeing Increase in Skin Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Does white rice really cause cancer?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby amynedd » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 pm

My mom says white rice causes cancer. I am worried about this. I do like to eat white rice. It is tasty and delicious. Doctor Oz did say that brown rice is better than white rice, however; he never said white rice causes cancer. Plus, I believe most Asian countries like, China and Japan eat white rice and I read somewhere that those countries have the lowest cancer rates
amynedd

Postby arlin21 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm sorry to say, your mother is a bit of an idiot. There is always someone that thinks some thing causes cancer.

Your mother probably had some stupid friend tell her that read it on the net, or she read it on the net. She sounds like one of those people that believes everything she hears without doing any research at all.

Don't believe everything your parents tell you, especially if they are uneducated, and by the sound of it, your mother is uneducated.
arlin21

Postby devlin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Wholegrain rice is good for you, but white rice has lost the most beneficial part, the husk.
FDA officials, who have been checking on rice contaminants, say they have found no evidence that suggests rice is unsafe to eat. The agency is in the middle of conducting a study of 1,200 samples of grocery-store rice products — short and long-grain rice, cereals, drinks and even rice cakes — to measure arsenic levels.
Arsenic is thought to be found in rice in higher levels than most other foods because it is grown in water on the ground, optimal conditions for the contaminant to be absorbed in the rice.
Rice must be always washed thoroughly before being cooked. Quick-cook rice, although convenient, may not have been washed thoroughly enough before being processed. For the time saved with the quick-cook version, the risk and extra cost may not be worthwhile.
devlin

Postby bond » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:03 pm

White rice makes no harm, when cooked with care.
bond

Postby yates11 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 pm

No , it doesn`t cause cancer , although it causes other problems like weight gain , acne , and rotten teeth !!

White rice is loaded with starch , which turns into SUGAR after it`s metabolized ............
yates11

Return to Cancer Prevention