Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Does taking Cayenne Pepper Cure H. Pylori?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby hulbart » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:02 am

I recently tested positive for H. Pylori. I have always had this pain in my side/stomach area so i put 2 and 2 together and thought it might be an ulcer as H. Pylori causes ulcers. Anyway i started taking cayenne pepper about 1/2 teaspoon a day and the pain went away and has not returned in 2 weeks now. So i was wondering if i should even go to the G.I. doctor does the cayenne pepper kill H. Pylori and cure ulcers?
hulbart

Postby eledon » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:11 am

This pepper, also known as Bhut Jolokia, rates over 1,000,000 on the Scoville scale. It grows in India, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh.

Bhut Jolokia means "ghost chili," bhut meaning "ghost" and jolokia meaning "chili pepper" in the Assam state of India.

In 2006, The Guinness Book of World Records confirmed it as the world's hottest chili pepper.

Eating just a small bite of a Naga Jolokia can cause pain and burning in the mouth for 30 minutes. Eating a whole one - well, it might just turn you into a ghost or at least give you a near death experience.

The AP published an article last year about the "ghost chili." Here's a snippet:

The smallest morsels can flavor a sauce so intensely it’s barely edible. Eating a raw sliver causes watering eyes and a runny nose. An entire chili is an all-out assault on the senses, akin to swigging a cocktail of battery acid and glass shards.

For generations, though, it’s been loved in India’s northeast, eaten as a spice, a cure for stomach troubles and, seemingly paradoxically, a way to fight the crippling summer heat.

Isn't it funny that for so many years experts thought chili peppers caused ulcers, but that in fact they actually prevent ulcers and are helpful to the stomach overall?
eledon

Postby diondre21 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:19 am

Hi,

herbal medicine can definitely help, but I would not recommend only relying on it if you have H pylori. You really want to make sure it's eradicated, as ulcers and H pylori can lead to long term health problems and more serious conditions.

You can take the cayenne along with the antibiotics you'll be prescribed so long as they don't interact with each other
diondre21

Return to Stomach Cancer