Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Does Soymilk Contain Toxins That Cause Cancer Or May Contribute To It?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby eledon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Eh, I know this sounds like a stupid question. I'm just a little concerned because I have a close friend who is a pediatrician and whose parents are doctors, and she keeps saying that my drinking soymilk will give me cancer? Is that true? I drink it all the time and am lactose intolerant. I also hate rice milk. It is disgusting. What to do..?
eledon

Postby Maddock » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Soya proteins incorporate isoflavones which could mimic a vulnerable oestrogen result. it is not an identical as a results of fact the oestrogen your own physique makes although - that's a million,000 circumstances weaker than your own physique's oestrogen - in spite of the incontrovertible fact that it is this that has delivered approximately concerns (and hearsay) approximately oestrogen based maximum cancers. there is not any truly scientific evidence that soya reasons, prevents, contributes to or impacts the form of any maximum cancers, alongside with oestrogen valuable breast maximum cancers, that's the only maximum ordinarily mentioned. There are those interior the sector who argue that isoflavones could be of help in battling breast maximum cancers or be valuable to women folk who've had breast maximum cancers. there is cutting-edge study into no remember if increasing phyto oestrogens interior the foodstuff plan helps to avert breast or prostate maximum cancers, and a learn in 2002 discovered that girls folk with the utmost stages of soya products of their diets had the backside breast density - bigger breast density being linked with bigger breast maximum cancers possibility. women folk with the utmost stages of isoflavones of their foodstuff plan are pronounced to have significant possibility savings for uterine maximum cancers.
Maddock

Postby Birtingr » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 pm

That isn't true.
Where did she/he get this information from? Can they substantiate this claim? If so, the FDA would take soymilk off the market.
It must be her personal prejudice.
Unless she/he can give you direct scientific evidence showing legitimate case studies conducted over many clinical years, she is full of something and vinegar....don't accept this kind of advice unless she/he is able to cough the evidence up to back her/his claim and she/he does, please provide me with the same information because I know some prominent individuals in the FDA who will do something about it.
Birtingr

Postby birkie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:21 pm

Don't worry about this, it's the last reason you would ever get cancer.
You're talking to a cancer survivor who was specifically given orders to make protein shakes using SOY MILK during my cancer treatment to keep weight on, because I am also lactose intolerant.

The controversy is that soy produces something which mimics estrogen hormones that our bodies make.
If you know anything about certain types of cancers and their causes (especially breast cancer or ovarian cancer) you might have heard that increased estrogen is blamed for causing the cancers sometimes.
The thing is, if you are prone to these cancers, drinking soy milk is not going to make you get the cancer.
If you happen to be one of the few unlucky people who have the gene for these types of cancers, the small amount of soy "estrogen" isn't going to really do anything.
You would have to drink tons and tons of it to even show up in your body.

I ended up with cancer and I never did anything like smoke, and I didn't have any of the risk factors considered for it.
I am only 27 and I just had cancer.

Enjoy your soy, if it was a danger the doctors wouldn't have encouraged me to drink it (and lots of it at that).
birkie

Postby Jacqueleen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:30 pm

I think in spite of your friend's education and probable knowledge of many things that the story about soy milk is bunk! Also, I've seen almond milk advertised.
I have an idea it would be fairly rich since nuts have lots of fat, but it sounds like it would taste good.

Frankly, I've always thought it's odd that things that don't lactate can produce anything that's called milk.
But that's just me.
Jacqueleen

Postby knocks22 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Eh, I know this sounds like a stupid question. I'm just a little concerned because I have a close friend who is a pediatrician and whose parents are doctors, and she keeps saying that my drinking soymilk will give me cancer? Is that true? I drink it all the time and am lactose intolerant. I also hate rice milk. It is disgusting. What to do..?
knocks22

Return to Ovarian Cancer