Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Does lung cancer run in the family?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby myung-dae » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:43 pm

See my uncle passed away not to long ago from long cancer, he smoked alot of cigarettes and weed. and i do the same, does this mean i could be diagnosed with lung cancer later in my life? i looked at some "early signs" and i said yes to a few of them, i've tired to quit smoking and i've tried the patch. its just not working for me. i started smoking cigarettes in 5th grade i would be about 10? now im 18. I have had a few dreams/nightmares that i get lung cancer. i dont know??
myung-dae

Postby kywrkh » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:47 pm

There is a cure for cancer. It was discovered 35 years ago but was suppressed by greedy pharmacological companies which are making billions of dollars selling their chemotherapy stuff. As one medical doctor said "Cancer is business. There are more people living from cancer than dying from cancer".

The truth is that cancer can be cured by a simple substance that can be found in nature. If you find something in nature you can not have patent rights on it so big pharma companies were fighting against it fiercely. You see, nobody have patent on vitamin C, for example. Everybody have right to produce it and sell it which doesn't make it a big business.

I warmly recommend the book called "The World Without Cancer" to anybody that suffer from cancer or now somebody who suffer from it. You can find this book on www.amazon.com or order it from www.vitaminb17.org where you can find additional information about it.

But, of course, it wouldn't hurt to stop at least with weed.
kywrkh

Postby drewe » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 pm

First, lung cancer does not "run" in the family, but if a family practices bad health, then you "reap what you sow"...it's a Law.

So, you started smoking at age 10, so stop! Are you going to let something as small as your little finger control your life, and eventually destroy your health, and die a horrible death?

You're better than that! I don't even know you, but I will bet my bottom dollar you can quit smoking in 2008...if (BIG IF) you really WANT to. That's the key to everyhing in life. You must want to...for yourself. I know you can to do it. I have faith in you.
drewe

Postby craig » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:02 pm

Smoking cigarettes and cannabis definitely exposes
you to a higher risk of contracting lung cancer.
Mesothelioma lung cancer though is caught from
exposure to asbestos building materials.
craig

Postby kilian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Smoking cigarettes and cannabis definitely exposes
you to a higher risk of contracting lung cancer.
Mesothelioma lung cancer though is caught from
exposure to asbestos building materials.
Yes it most definately does have genetic factor. My grandfather and all his siblings died from lung caner and now my mom is fighting it, yes they all smoked buth there is also a genetic predisposition. Also my mom had two different type of lung cancer, 1 that is usually from smoking and the other not related to smoking. Studies state that it is not how long you have smoked but how young you were when you started. The younger you are the more likely you are to have smoke related lung cancer.

Please do yourself and your family a favor and quit. My sister got this pill from her doctor that has been unbelievably sucessful. She has absolutely no urge to smoke.

Good luck.
kilian

Postby yasuo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Actually there is a gene that can predispose you to lung cancer if you smoke. It is the gene for an enzyme called Glutathione S-transferase. If you have a mutation in this gene, you are far more likely to develop lung cancer if you smoke. This mutation is pretty common, so it is very possible you have it. Make more of an effort to quit smoking- lung cancer has about a 90% fatality rate. You do not want to develop it and continuing smoking= a pretty sure way of getting cancer.
yasuo

Postby octave » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Your chances of getting cancer are higher since someone, a blood relative did get it. Regardless of genes, you are putting yourself at a much higher risk for getting lung cancer since you smoke. I feel that you're too young to have cancer right now but I would try other methods to quit. There are a lot of different options out there now and there are also support groups for it. It would be a lot easier if you quit sooner, trust me.
octave

Return to Lung Cancer