Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Does Anyone Have Anything To Share About Someone Diagnosed With Pancreatic Cancer Stage Four Locally Advanced

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Does Anyone Have Anything To Share About Someone Diagnosed With Pancreatic Cancer Stage Four Locally Advanced

Postby Lucien » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:30 am

Hi

My mom had surgery at the beginning of Feb to fix a bowel obstruction. Cancer was the obstruction. The Dr's re-routed the intestine around the tumor, and basically sewed her up and told her she had 2-3 months. She is a stage 4.

She has been in the hospital the last 2 weeks, with a collapsed lung & pneumonia. Last week she had another obstruction, and we were told if they couldn't get rid of it, she'd have about 2-3 days. She passed that hurdle, but is not doing well. She barely eats and has dropped so much weight, that she looks like a skeleton. Right now she is on some pretty strong drugs, like morphine.

My mom never had chemo, as she was too weak. The Dr told us it wouldn't make alot of difference anyways. We were told from the time of symptoms until death was anywhere from 3-7 months. That was an average, depending.We were also told, by the time most people know they have pancreatic cancer, it's too late for treatment. Chemo might slow it down abit, but basically it's a death sentence, unless it's found very early, by mistake.
My moms had already started to spread, by the time they figured out what was wrong with her.

She has had enough, and says she just wants to kick the bucket.

It's very tough watching someone die, but we all die, and at least they can keep you pain free.
Lucien

Postby amynedd » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:31 am

Hi hello what ever may the type of cancer you have or need information about cancer you will fine all the solutions for that you are searching in this site, because i got many usefull informations from this site and it helped me to get well from my cancer, So go through this site to find your answers you need, stay in good health god bless you.
amynedd

Postby Prospero » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:32 am

The survival rate of pancreatic cancer is generally not good. There are lots of websites about pancreatic cancer. The doctor or these sites will be able to give you more answers than we can.
Prospero

Postby Jorrel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:34 am

i don't like this type of cancer cause if its in the last stage its not treatable.i'm a CNA and i ust to do private duty for the elderely.well i met this wonderful lady named vonceille and she was diagnosed with the last stage of pancreatic cancer and the doc's did give her options but as far as it was,it wouldn't do nothing but put her and the other internal organs at risk for immediate shut down,ect..so she didn't take them.she was diagnosed in dec.2003 and began going downhill by mid of feb,2004 she started having memory problems ect,so it started taking its course,by mid march she began being extremely in pain in her abdomen and then i'd unfortuantely by mid of april the disease finally took her from me and her family as well as numerous amounts of friends...i went to her funeral and it was very sad and she was at peace with this mean and painful type of cancer.my opinon is live your life to the fullest and fulfill your love with your family and friends as much as you can..this disease took her from me in a flash and i'm glad god has her now cause she was in extreme amounts of pain and i couldn't do nothing for her..she was on morpine 3-4 times a day and still in alot pain when she did take her final breaths..hey i loved her so much,i named my youngest after her.as for you,i'm sorry to hear that your suffering from this or your loved one is...just remember love and it will go along way!
Jorrel

Postby Haniel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:40 am

HI, my husband died of pancreatic cancer at age 55, 2 years ago this past February;.

I'm sorry for what you are going through.
I've been there. We decided to do chemo, the dr. said it would extend life (I asked, for how long? he answered, long enough to take a cruise or nice vacation, but do it soon... ) By now I've forgotten the 2 chemo drugs he was on, it was the best combination availible though.
I did extensive research, and learned that on these drugs, (which you get a month or so after diagnosis) patients live approximately 240 days.
8 months.
That was EXACTLY how long Lee lived, date of diagnosis to death, 240 days.
The chemo drugs helped prolong life, they shrunk the size of the liver leisions...
so we could enjoy each others company just a little longer, write a will, teach me how to use his power tools so I would be able to fix things around the house, and most importantly take our children on a memorable, joyous, last vacation. People often say "I wish I had just one more day with _____(the loved one); this route, you do have that one more day.. we got 2-3 extra months and felt every day was a blessing, and we lived each day to it's fullest, like never before.

The side effects of chemo were tolerable, NO loss of hair! the cold temps were very bad on this chemo, he had to be completely wrapped with scarf and thick gloves whenever he went to work.
the chemo made the lower legs and feet numb/tingly, and his fingers too, and the cold made those extremities hurt a LOT.
the other side effect was diareah, but by stage 4, that is happening all the time anyway.

He worked until late January, when we went to Hawaii, then back home he lived one week more, he just couldn't get out of bed anymore, except to see the dr, who said the drugs were no longer working to keep the metastisized cancer at bay (into the liver).
That was OUR experience, others may be different.
Our 1st grade teachers husband died ONE WEEK after diagnosis, at age 43.
I would say definately do chemo, it will buy a LITTLE time.
Here's a website from hospice about the end stages and signs of death approaching: http://www.kokuamau.org/laststages/index...

also, go to www.pancan.org , they were terrific at having info, and they have online support groups, you can buy a purple ribbon (the pancreatic cancer color), and there are message boards.
I really appreciated the support of others.

good luck and god bless.
Haniel

Postby Ataya » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:42 am

Nobody can predict how this will turn out. We cannot say what treatment is justified in this case. Patient choice is kind of important.
Ataya

Postby Niles » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:43 am

READ: The Allopathic Cancer Conspiracy

at: http://whale.to/a/cancer_c.html

Then think about trying this:

New studies on the benefits of onion juice for eliminating cancer have just been concluded by researchers at Cornell University, confirming what we have been saying all along - onion juice will cure your cancer. What they are still not understanding is how the onions should be administered to effectuate the greatest benefits in eliminating your cancer. Find out the proper procedures for onion juice treatment at http://www.brokenearth.org/cancer
Niles

Postby Arryo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:06 am

God is in control

Pray http://www.medicinenet.com/pancreatic_ca...
Arryo

Return to Pancreatic Cancer