Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Does Anyone Have A Great Liver And Onions Recipe?

Liver Cancer research, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Does Anyone Have A Great Liver And Onions Recipe?

Postby artis » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:16 am

I have not had beef liver in about 18 to two decades. I was a youngster when I'd it final. I was not too mad about it but I wish to try it once again.
artis

Does Anyone Have A Good Liver And Onions Recipe?

Postby Vito » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:21 am

As far as I'm concerned, no, nobody does, because there ain't no such critter.your results may vary.   TheLightWorks 14 months ago
Vito

Postby Alistaire » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:15 am

This a general Portuguese recipe(my mother in law gave it to me.) First marinate the liver in olive oil. Add vinegar,lots of fresh garlic,parsley,salt, red pepper flakes and sliced onions over night. Dredge liver in a mixture of salt, pepper, and white flour. Saute in olive oil until browned.Remove liver from the pan,add flour mixture(just enough to thicken a little) put liver back in pan, and cook until tende. This liver is the best I ever tasted!   muddyjo 14 months ago
Alistaire

Postby Agustin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:29 am

Let me know how it was? I haven't tried liver since the '70's :/   Tharnpfeffa 14 months ago
Agustin

Postby Zachely » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:29 pm

I like calves liver , it has a milder flavor. I soak it in milk, rinse it, then put it on top of onions and bacon that are already cooked, I cover it over low heat and slow cook it for about 6 minutes on each side, I eat this once a year or less since it is to rich for my post heart surgery life where my cholesterol should be well below 150 - enjoy.   IOU-0 14 months ago
Zachely

Postby Gairbhith » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:46 pm

(EEEee)Try this:http://allrecipes.com/recipe/absolute-best-liver-and-onions/   Tharnpfeffa 14 months ago http://allrecipes.com/recipe/absolute-best-liver-and-onions/
Gairbhith

Postby Udolf » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:52 am

First of all, try calves liver. It's more tender. If you want to use the same frying pan, pour some vegetable oil in it, put sliced onions in pan and saute until lightly browned or opaque. Put some black olives in it, salt and pepper. Put aside in a dish.Now, for the liver. I put flour in a dish with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dip the calves liver in it on both sides. Saute it in the same frying pan on both sides with vegetable oil. When it reaches the degree of doneness you want, put the onions and olives on top and shake some balsamic vinegar on the top. Simmer for a couple of seconds. It gives it a sweet, sour taste and is delicious.   MaryAnn 14 months ago
Udolf

Return to Liver Cancer