Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Doctors Doing Nothing For My Painful Enchondroma

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby Hunter » Mon May 11, 2015 1:38 am

I am a 22 year old male and I was diagnosed with an enchondroma in my right femur 4 months ago that is very painful(pain has been there for 8 months) and required crutches for 2 months, now I use a cane. I have had 2 MRIs, a CT, a bone scan, and multiple x-rays. One thing that I have been trying to get is a biopsy because of the constant level of pain. My doctor said that it is nothing to worry about but I am worried because it hurts so much. I went to the head of the hospital trying to get a biopsy but neither he or any of the doctors think that its necessary. Everything that I have read says that a biopsy is needed. Should I have been given a biopsy at this point and why wouldnt the doctors feel that a biopsy is needed?

Also I have a cyst in my hand and just recently had a spermatic cord lipoma removed(however, no pathology report exists). Could any of these things be related or are they just coincidence? Thank you!
Hunter

Postby corey » Mon May 11, 2015 6:21 pm

First of all an enchondroma(and also your bone cyst and your lipoma) are all benign non cancerous tumors so definitely outside my area of expertise here(cancer). You should therefore direct your questions to an expert of orthopedic surgery here who would be better qualified to answer these surgical questions. I'm not a surgeon but a medical oncologist & radiation therapist!

However a typical enchondroma hardly needs a biopsy for diagnosis. In your case where both a CT scan, MRI scans, x-ray studies & a bone scan have been made I doubt very much that a biopsy would give any more needed information. I do not think your different conditions are connected in any way but are just coincidences. Good luck!
corey

Re: Doctors Doing Nothing For My Painful Enchondroma

Postby lisacolnett » Thu May 28, 2015 9:12 am

As you had multiple of x-rays... make sure that is your tumor growing??? If not you need not have to worry
lisacolnett

Return to Bone Cancer