Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

.......Do you think i have Leukemia?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby rhys45 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:03 pm

For this past year, ive been experiencing every symptom of Leukemia....the dizziness, nausea, vision problems, weekness in legs & arms, joint pains, ect. I had a panic attack recently & went to the emergency room but all they did was check my oxegen levels. And blood pressure. I was told I was a hypochondriac. Buuut even though ive been convinced ive had just about every disease, I feel like I have this one, I have been experiencing every last symptom. Honestly, do YOU think I have it?
rhys45

Postby gerardo24 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 pm

No.
gerardo24

Postby naftalie » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:13 pm

No you don't. You're a hypochondriac - a disorder that causes them to believe they are constantly suffering from some sort of illness. It could be you're just sick, it doesn't mean you'll die..
naftalie

Postby chaim » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm a hypochondriac too and I've been through this! I think it's better then not careing at all though! I think you'd probably be feeling truly awful by now if you did have Leukemia but to be on the safe side request some blood tests from your doctor; Leukemia shows up on a full blood count.
chaim

Postby lindly » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:31 pm

I'm a hypochondriac too and I've been through this! I think it's better then not careing at all though! I think you'd probably be feeling truly awful by now if you did have Leukemia but to be on the safe side request some blood tests from your doctor; Leukemia shows up on a full blood count.
Before asking people on the internet if you have one of the most serious diseases on earth...

And before any of you answer like you know you should just hide in a hole and mind your own business.

I don't know if you are hipocondriac or not because I have no acces to your clinical trial.

What I do know is that those symptoms can be related to a variety of diseases, including blood diseases.

Get a CBC (complete blood cound teste) done and ask a hematologist to analize it, watch out for the red cells, white cells the platlets and the hemoglobine (for anemia).

This way you will be sure.

Other than that your symptoms sound like PA symptoms too so you should go see the Doctor for that.
lindly

Postby burdon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:33 pm

Why do you think those are symptoms of leukemia? Those really are not typical symptoms of leukemia. Vision problems, weakness, joint pain, nausea? No. Dizziness only rarely, when severe anemia is present or leukemia is in the CNS.

You certainly have not been experiencing every last symptom. There are plenty of symptoms of leukemia you did not mention.
burdon

Return to Leukemia Forum