Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Do you look like your rising sign?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby morio » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:16 pm

ARIES ASCENDANT
Physically you appear to be quite energized - as if something was about to pop. This is particularly noticeable in your eyes, which have an intense, pointed quality - rather like a bird's. And they dart about rather than hold a fixed stare. However, all physical features can also be affected by other planetary positions, as any First House planets can. Many Arians (rising sign) have a typical long triangular shaped face. The eyes, as for most fire signs are deeply set with the brow close to the eyes. The hair is often coarse, wiry and dark. Men may have a thick head of hair when young but some do have a tendency for baldness in later years. As can be expected with the God of War, there can be quite a martial feel about those with Aries rising.

TAURUS ASCENDANT
Your physical looks fall into one of two distinctive types. The more obvious one is the earthy, thick-necked, curly-haired kind who exudes a strongly physical aura - often attractive to the opposite sex. If you are the other type, you are more fine-featured, but maybe slightly fleshy in parts, full-lipped for instance. This type is also usually sexually attractive. Ruled by Venus, expect a fair share of Earthy Venusian types with this rising sign! Sweet but determined, particularly in the early degrees of this sign rising, have bow mouths, dimples and a very warm charm. The Venusian trait is small features, but the nose is not always straight, and the cheekbones prominent but away to the side of the face; rounded cheeks and chin - three neatly spaced mounds framing a typically sweet Venusian smile. Taurus rising also sports its fair share of stockily built types with much weight centered around the shoulder and chest area. The body may take a squarish form when this is the case.

GEMINI ASCENDANT
Very mobile are these natives of Mercury - long limbs, wiry physique, fingers often tapering, and a light footed gait. When they speak, their whole body "speaks" or complements their words, somehow - watch how their hands move or the way they shrug and lift an eyebrow with consummate ease to emphasize a point. Gemini rising will talk about anything at all - even the most intimate details of who they are, but they do not naturally express their feelings. There are two basic types of Gemini rising face - one is longish, oval with convex (outwardly curved) with long nose and a long agile neck. The other is more bird-like with small eyes, a turned up nose and upper lip. The face appears to be 'double" and there may be a cleft in the chin or even at tip of the nose. Mercury ruled men have a tendency for moustaches rather than beards.

CANCER ASCENDANT
Cancer risings express much emotion through their eyes, which are often large and expressive. Their lips are rounded, full, and sensual with a slight downturn at the corners. Features are usually gentle and these natives can be described as being "Moon-faced". Hair is often wispy, with a wave and brown/blonde rather than dark. The men who go bald, here, do so from the middle of the head, rather than the receding hairlines you get with fire rising signs. The limbs are noticeably shorter with Cancer Ascendant types. Most of Cancer rising tend to a degree of fleshiness (some even 'big bear' types), but the later degrees of rising have many thin natives. One big giveaway for determining Cancer rising and that is the their "Oooohs" and "Ahhhss" and "Oo-oo-ooh!" when they discover something that really makes them happy!

LEO ASCENDANT
Leo rising usually exudes an air of confidence - even in their bodily structure this is manifested. They tend to be full of energy and very hardy characters. They are upright and erect, and probably wouldn't stoop on principle! They often have a ruddy complexion and the men often wear beards. As can be expected - look for that mane of unruly hair and you have a Leo rising and those deep set fire sign eyes. On many, the hair grows low and thick on the neck, much as the lion's mane. Features may be catlike in formation and shape. A wide grin and sunny disposition are also typical characteristics in here. Everything about the face seems to be 'generous' in size and proportion. Shoulders are usually broad and there can be a higher than normal upper body strength. These natives tend to speak in a slow even manner - and do not like to be interrupted.
morio

Postby torence » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:25 pm

ARIES ASCENDANT
Physically you appear to be quite energized - as if something was about to pop. This is particularly noticeable in your eyes, which have an intense, pointed quality - rather like a bird's. And they dart about rather than hold a fixed stare. However, all physical features can also be affected by other planetary positions, as any First House planets can. Many Arians (rising sign) have a typical long triangular shaped face. The eyes, as for most fire signs are deeply set with the brow close to the eyes. The hair is often coarse, wiry and dark. Men may have a thick head of hair when young but some do have a tendency for baldness in later years. As can be expected with the God of War, there can be quite a martial feel about those with Aries rising.

TAURUS ASCENDANT
Your physical looks fall into one of two distinctive types. The more obvious one is the earthy, thick-necked, curly-haired kind who exudes a strongly physical aura - often attractive to the opposite sex. If you are the other type, you are more fine-featured, but maybe slightly fleshy in parts, full-lipped for instance. This type is also usually sexually attractive. Ruled by Venus, expect a fair share of Earthy Venusian types with this rising sign! Sweet but determined, particularly in the early degrees of this sign rising, have bow mouths, dimples and a very warm charm. The Venusian trait is small features, but the nose is not always straight, and the cheekbones prominent but away to the side of the face; rounded cheeks and chin - three neatly spaced mounds framing a typically sweet Venusian smile. Taurus rising also sports its fair share of stockily built types with much weight centered around the shoulder and chest area. The body may take a squarish form when this is the case.

GEMINI ASCENDANT
Very mobile are these natives of Mercury - long limbs, wiry physique, fingers often tapering, and a light footed gait. When they speak, their whole body "speaks" or complements their words, somehow - watch how their hands move or the way they shrug and lift an eyebrow with consummate ease to emphasize a point. Gemini rising will talk about anything at all - even the most intimate details of who they are, but they do not naturally express their feelings. There are two basic types of Gemini rising face - one is longish, oval with convex (outwardly curved) with long nose and a long agile neck. The other is more bird-like with small eyes, a turned up nose and upper lip. The face appears to be 'double" and there may be a cleft in the chin or even at tip of the nose. Mercury ruled men have a tendency for moustaches rather than beards.

CANCER ASCENDANT
Cancer risings express much emotion through their eyes, which are often large and expressive. Their lips are rounded, full, and sensual with a slight downturn at the corners. Features are usually gentle and these natives can be described as being "Moon-faced". Hair is often wispy, with a wave and brown/blonde rather than dark. The men who go bald, here, do so from the middle of the head, rather than the receding hairlines you get with fire rising signs. The limbs are noticeably shorter with Cancer Ascendant types. Most of Cancer rising tend to a degree of fleshiness (some even 'big bear' types), but the later degrees of rising have many thin natives. One big giveaway for determining Cancer rising and that is the their "Oooohs" and "Ahhhss" and "Oo-oo-ooh!" when they discover something that really makes them happy!

LEO ASCENDANT
Leo rising usually exudes an air of confidence - even in their bodily structure this is manifested. They tend to be full of energy and very hardy characters. They are upright and erect, and probably wouldn't stoop on principle! They often have a ruddy complexion and the men often wear beards. As can be expected - look for that mane of unruly hair and you have a Leo rising and those deep set fire sign eyes. On many, the hair grows low and thick on the neck, much as the lion's mane. Features may be catlike in formation and shape. A wide grin and sunny disposition are also typical characteristics in here. Everything about the face seems to be 'generous' in size and proportion. Shoulders are usually broad and there can be a higher than normal upper body strength. These natives tend to speak in a slow even manner - and do not like to be interrupted.
Oh hey, you missed Sagittarius.
I have a Scorpio rising. The only things I agree with are that my eyes are my most prominent feature, i have curly hair, and that I have a presence.
The rest don't really apply to me at all.
torence

Postby wynwode » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 pm

Sort of, but not totally accurate.
wynwode

Postby lothar88 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Yes. I do a lot actually. Scorpio rising.
lothar88

Postby drewe » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:51 pm

No
drewe

Postby dubhgan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Yes, I have black hair, my eyelashes are long and curly and I also have a dimple on my right cheek. Weird...
dubhgan

Postby addis94 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Yes, I do. I'm a Cancer ascendant
addis94

Postby kestejoo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 pm

General projection in the world is masked and often secretive but powerful, magnetic and knowing, with a sexual undertone, often handsome dangerous, hypnotic. Others may love them or hate them, but certainly can’t overlook them. Ascendant in Scorpio is probably shorter than average, broad stocky and inclined to put on weight easily. Colouring is often sallow. Hair is often thick springy and abundant. Hands and feet are small and neat and your movements are economical and graceful. You have a lovely smile that lights up your whole face, but you have to know someone a little before you favour them with one of your lovely smiles. Light on you feet and naturally a good dancer. Scorpio ascendants often have a low, quiet, oddly captivating voice – it commands respect and is a valuable asset to your sexual armoury. There’s a lot going on behind the mask.

Some Scorpio risers have a strangely flat-faced appearance with broad cheek-bones and plenty of width across the eyes. This kind of face may lack expression which helps you hide your feelings.

Other Scorpio risers have a terrifying hawk-like appearance which can be terribly off-putting on first meeting, especially to those with a nervous disposition: the hunter-harrier type (a disguise that can conceal a soft heart).

Other Scorpio risers are extremely good-looking with well defined features and strong bones.
kestejoo

Postby lir » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Began reading the ascendant profiles and mine isn't there as I am Pisces Rising. These are good solid 1st house profiles. But very often there is a planet in the 1st house that can totally skew up the usual stereotypical rising signs. And then the aspects to the rising sign are all important as these too can easily contradict the basic rising sign profile. Oh this astrology with all its contrariness. Good question as often ascendants in the same sign do share similar features. Good luck and Bless you.
lir

Postby nicholascage96 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

I'm a Gemini. The "...longish, oval with convex (outwardly curved) with long nose and a long agile neck.." bit suits me quite well. I have a slight cleft on my nose, too, actually. However, my physique is not all that wiry and only my arms are particularly long. And my gait? It's a stampede, not "light footed"! Hahahah! I suppose other elements of the natal chart can more thoroughly define people physically.
nicholascage96

Next

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials