Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Do spirits make you smell things that arent there?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby marx » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:33 pm

I sometimes smell burnt chocolate. Some time febreez when no air freshener is around. Some times i smell burnt meat. Pizza, donuts, lemons. Not all of it is food. I dont have a brain condition like a tumor. Im clean and so is my house. My family is too. I doubt i imagine smells. They smell lik they are right in front of me.
marx

Postby danforth88 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 pm

People who may have passed away before. If, there was a lady who passed in your house or where ever you live, if she always used a certain perfume, then you would smell perfume. In your case, someone who passed probably burnt chocolate and liked to spray febreeze.
danforth88

Postby fortunato » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm

There are reports of individuals having experiences with "Phantom smells" in some locations that are suspected to be haunted. These can be residual related in that they are somehow imprinted in the fabric of the environment just as some hauntings are. They themselves can be an aspect of a haunting or can be the haunting itself. These are olfactory anomalies that we can pick up on and at times there is no root cause of where these smells are emanating from. There is the possibility that there are certain smells within the environment that are permeated there over time. In older homes this is common. There could be smells of fireplace or cigar smoke or in and around a kitchen there could be smells of food. During summer it can be much warmer and these scents and smells can be much more noticeable. They can be trapped in the wood work or even the walls.I would, though ,do all you can to see if there is not another logical explanation for what could be causing these phantom smells, the explanation could be right under your nose. Take care.
fortunato

Postby clerc53 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 pm

They can mess with your brain a bit but other than that i don't know much about this. Still i have quite a bit to learn about what spirits can and can't do.
clerc53

Postby werner75 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:53 pm

They can mess with your brain a bit but other than that i don't know much about this. Still i have quite a bit to learn about what spirits can and can't do.
yes they do- you are being haunted by the butcher the baker and candle stick maker
werner75

Postby gower » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:05 pm

The most likely explanation is that you are actually smelling substances that triggers the sensation of smelling those things.Yes, there is such as a thing as imagining smells. In any case, the least likely explanation is ghosts.
gower

Postby tancred » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 pm

Oh oh!! Yes they do, U are right about it!!
tancred

Return to Brain Tumors