Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Do i still need to get a mammogram?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby angelino » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:01 am

I have ovarian cancer that I've been taking chemo for three years now. I get a CT scan every 90 days of my neck, chest, abdomen, and pelvis. My question is, with all the CT scans I'm getting do I really still need to get a yearly mammogram? If there was anything wouldn't it show up on the CT scan?
angelino

Postby thane » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 am

Yes you should...
thane

Postby treffen » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:09 am

Ask your radiologist.
treffen

Postby kelvin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:15 am

Breast cancer sometimes shows up on a chest CT, but not always.
kelvin

Postby misi » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:19 am

Mammograms are a waste of time and can even cause cancer. Here is a quote from a famous doctor and a professor:

"Every compression during a mammogram leads to microscopic ruptures of tissue, including the tumor tissue. This spreads the cancer and can lead to an early death. When the doctor manhandles a woman's breasts with hard pressure it can spread the cancer! The technician squeezes the woman's breast between the photographic plates with maximum compression that equals the weight of a 50 pound sandbag.....One animal study showed that manipulating a tumor increases the number of metastases by 80%, while a human study showed that women that had a mammogram have a 29% increase chance of dying of breast cancer than women who had never had one." (Dr. Leonard Coldwell)

"Thousands of women are being deceived by the national cancer program. They are led to believe that early detection of cancer will save their breasts. Half of the women with "early" breast cancer are having mastectomies that might be later proven unnecessary. It is definitely a false promise that if due to some kind of screening the cancer is detected early and the woman's breast can be saved!" (Professor Michael Baum of the University College Hospital).
misi

Return to Ovarian Cancer