Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Do I have skin cancer or an assymetrical skin mole ? I am only 25 !?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby armaan83 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 am

I am only 25, but noticed today that on my back is a flat (unraised) brown mole, but with jagged edges and both light and dark brown colors. It doesn't look like the gross melanoma pictures I googled on google images, but I don't know what cancer looks like! Is it okay to wait a month before going into the doctor? I have always covered up, never tanned and always wore spf 50 if I went swimming. I'm an in-doors girl so I don't know what's up.

Is it possible to have an irregular mole with jagged edges (looks more like a ragged mud puddle than a circular regular mole)? It's possible I've had this my whole life...just never noticed it. It's between my shoulder blades.
armaan83

Postby stephanos6 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 pm

I am only 25, but noticed today that on my back is a flat (unraised) brown mole, but with jagged edges and both light and dark brown colors. It doesn't look like the gross melanoma pictures I googled on google images, but I don't know what cancer looks like! Is it okay to wait a month before going into the doctor? I have always covered up, never tanned and always wore spf 50 if I went swimming. I'm an in-doors girl so I don't know what's up.

Is it possible to have an irregular mole with jagged edges (looks more like a ragged mud puddle than a circular regular mole)? It's possible I've had this my whole life...just never noticed it. It's between my shoulder blades.
Only a doctor can tell and even then he has to get a biopsy. If there is a good reason why you can't get to the doctor for a month ... well ... the earlier the better with skin cancer ... well for any cancer but get to a doctor as soon as you can. Even if it is just to ease your mind.
stephanos6

Postby armaan83 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:12 pm

my mom has skin cancer :[ and hers is red and patchy is that what yours looks like
armaan83

Postby ward » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Learn it from this guy who remove his mole easily within DAYS...

http://hits.affiliatetraction.com/cgi-bin/redir?pd_link=i1-a32289-o1867-c16703

Good luck :-)
ward

Postby albrecht » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 pm

It is "possible" but the only way to tell is through a biopsy. I would highly recommend that you have it removed to not only give you peace of mind but also to give you answers. That is the only real way to tell.
albrecht

Postby eorlland85 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm

ohh yea. It's defiantely possible. I'm not even twenty yet and I have had three moles that were suspected to be skin cancer, one of which was positive and I ALWAYS wore sun screan and everything. They can also develope over time. Get it checked by a skin doctor. The sooner the better
eorlland85

Postby landers » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:28 pm

you need to have it checked.--there are different types---i have had 4 or 5 skin cancers removed over the years and its no big deal if you get to it early
landers

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer