Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Do I Have Lymphocytic Leukemia? Please Take Seriously.?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Uchdryd » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:55 am

i'm 16 so, my mother thought it was all teenage hood but, i'm always tired, at times i can barely walk up my stairs I'm so weak. when i do get up i'm always light headed almost verging on passing out. I can't eat more then a small plate of food a day or i feel nauseated. i also have serve anemia, my hemoglobin levels are at 54 & haven't risen in 4 months so, when i got addmited before Christmas my hematologist put me on euro-fur 300mg taking 3 daily, so far no effect. i also have very frequent heart plapitations, i sweat, have breathing problems and get really bad headaches durring these heart sessions. i've also recently been notified i have serve anxiety. i also suffer from a heart murmur since i was 4 i was hospitalised at age 5 upon seized breathing. i get random fevers and then once i puke it's gone. I also have frequent nose bleeds that last over an hour with out cloting. i have small red dots and bursies all over especially on my back near my spine.

i don't know if I'm being foolish, i'd just like some feed back, no rude or abrupt comments please.

thank you.
Uchdryd

Postby Mathews » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 am

I know I'm gonna get plenty of thumb downs but it sure does sound like some sort of cancer. Hope it isn't but it sure seems like something is seriously wrong. You should see a doctor and if he can't find anything then move on to another until they find out what's wrong.
Mathews

Postby Derry » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:59 am

I'm a bit puzzled.
You're under the care of a hematologist, right? What does your hematologist say about your bruising and nosebleeds? You must be having blood work fairly regularly to track your hemoglobin; this would also look at your platelet count.
When bruising and bleeding occur with leukemia, it is because the platelet count is very, very low.
I would think that your hematologist would pick up on this.

Having a heart murmur since you were four and being hospitalized at five would have absolutely nothing to do with having leukemia now.
Acute lymphoblastic leukemia- the kind you seem to be worried about- is just that, acute.
Someone might have some blasts (leukemia cells) for a few months before diagnosis, but usually it happens over a period of just a few weeks.
It doesn't hang around for years before diagnosis is obvious.

Your hemoglobin level is very low, and could be a huge cause of your fatigue and light headedness.
You really should speak to your hematologist about this.
I'm not really sure why, at that level, he just put you on iron.
I'm assuming he did further iron studies (blood work) and determined that your anemia is iron deficiency, and has prescribed typical treatment for that.
But if it's not working, clearly you need something else.

Your symptoms are concerning, but being under the care of a hematologist and having frequent blood work makes it unlikely that you have leukemia.
Derry

Postby Filmer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am

You cant really diagnose a patient for cancer through the internet. You seem to have a really long list of medical issues. Maybe your just being paranoid from always having something go wrong? You say you cant eat and are tired but do you exercise regularly and sleep at least 7 hours a night? Exercise helps boost your energy levels and only good comes from it.
Filmer

Postby Rique » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:14 am

Possibly im not 100% positive. But you defintely have hemophilia
Rique

Return to Leukemia Forum