Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Do headphones really cause cancer?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby cruim37 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:01 am

Today someone told me headphones & listening to music causes brain cancer. I don't want to believe it but I have no idea.
cruim37

Postby armaan83 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:12 am

Some studies say yes other not, depending on whom this order. Clear that telephone companies will not say that you can get cancer from their product! What is certain I think they have an influence on our health.
armaan83

Postby corley39 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:14 am

Short answer, no.
Long answer, if it does (and there's no evidence that there's any sort of correlation at all), it can only do so by some sort of physical process currently unknown to science (eg, "magic").
So, don't worry. And for future reference, listening to rumors is a good way to get confused and upset. Your best bet is just to laugh at anybody who tells you stuff like that. It's invariably wrong.
corley39

Postby amikam » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:18 am

Someone lied to you. Wireless headphones are in question, as are wireless homephones, blue tooth and less in question with more evidence leaning towards them being a proven risk factor are cell phones.
amikam

Return to Cancer Prevention