Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Disadvantages of homeopathy medicine?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby wichell » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Someone said me that weight increases with homepathy medicine.....and some body says that they put steroids which r not god.........please put some light on this issue
wichell

Postby ansell74 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Homeopathy is plain water or sugar pills - no active ingredients. It is 100% baloney and has NEVER been proven to work for any condition whatsoever.

See: http://www.1023.org.uk/

-------
EDIT: @bare4winds - there is nothing 'ignorant' about rejecting something that has no plausibility and no evidence of efficacy, even after 200 years of 'research'. You provide compelling evidence (rigorous, published, peer reviewed, repeated clinical trials) that homeopathy works, and I'll change my mind. Of course you are unable to do this, which is why you always resort to personal attacks, right?
ansell74

Postby gace20 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Which homeopathic "medicine" are you referring to? The disadvantage of homeopathic remedies is the insufficient amount of data and research that is reliable. There are numerous of claims from people stating that such remedy has "cured" a particular ailment. Perhaps there is some merit to such claims but keep in mind that each person is different and will have varying degrees of results. Be sure to collect information on the particular "medication" you plan to consume and make sure that such information comes from a reliable source, not only from the manufacturer. Also be sure that the ingredients will not interfere with current medications you are taking. There are serious interactions that can occur despite the homeopathic remedy comes from a natural source.
gace20

Postby einwys34 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Which homeopathic "medicine" are you referring to? The disadvantage of homeopathic remedies is the insufficient amount of data and research that is reliable. There are numerous of claims from people stating that such remedy has "cured" a particular ailment. Perhaps there is some merit to such claims but keep in mind that each person is different and will have varying degrees of results. Be sure to collect information on the particular "medication" you plan to consume and make sure that such information comes from a reliable source, not only from the manufacturer. Also be sure that the ingredients will not interfere with current medications you are taking. There are serious interactions that can occur despite the homeopathic remedy comes from a natural source.
Homeopathy is crap - there is not a single molecule of active ingredient in it.
Water has no memory - if it did, how could it have selective memory? It would remember fish poop too.

I'm not sure what you mean by the rest of your question.
einwys34

Postby camshron94 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 pm

i have to agree with tinks,if you think it doing you good go for it but in my mind it crap
camshron94

Postby bedford51 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:08 pm

The Highest form of Ignorance is when you reject something
you don’t know anything about.
- Wayne Dyer
bedford51

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials