American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Diet For Pancreatic Cancer ; Canine Cancer Diet Recipe;

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Heanleah » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:19 pm

tak  

Hi, my dog has pancreatic cancer and was just wondering what types of food he can and cant eat. He is currently on prescription food but it can be expensive. any help would be great.
Heanleah

Postby anwar » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:39 am

Hi Tak and Wayne - Ask your VET about this : Canine Cancer Diet Recipe:

It's very helpful ....

Don't know if your Vet will approve it for Tak. Supports dogs with Cancer... Great protein content in this diet... Also, please add the NuVET supplement to this home-cooking recipe: EASY to follow and you can "freeze up individual meals.

(YOU may not be able to find NuVet out of the USA and Canada) CANINE CANCER DIET

The following home-made cancer diet can be given to any dog with cancer, and follows the "low carbs, high fat, moderate protein" principle. ***Since your dog had Pancreatic CA you may need to lower the fat content:

It is important to understand that some additional supplementation(eg. high-quality Iron-free multi vitamin) is needed for complete nutrition.

(NuVET will cover the Vitamin need)

3 cup cooked brown rice 3 eggs hard boiled * -

3 teaspoons Flax Oil ANY veggies you think he can try : UP to you....

2-3 cups grated, lightly steamed - cooked,  organic vegetables(carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, bok-choy, cabbage, tomatoes etc…) 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese(2 % fat) 2 cups cooked beef or fully cooked chicken or turkey(immune suppression from chemotherapy makes bacterial contamination a danger, so be sure to cook all meat thoroughly) ~~~~~ MEAT must be cooked ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is enough food for a 50-65  lb pooch for one day to 1 1/2 Days of food It should be fed in 3 servings at room temperature.

You can rotate your meats - I would do MORE White meats and only red 1-2 x per week.

Try this recipe -  There are many more but this one is easy and you can mix and match your meats.

I would love to work with you..... YOU will be your PET's Chef

To order NuVET - Holistic and Not sold in pet stores: Please call in with my name as your referral :  Marie Peppers of Ask the Pet Nurse, Tell them you need the NuVET wafers and give(1 1/2) per day. Make sure they know the amount per day for your dog. 1-800-474-7044   NuVET costs about .65 cents per wafer treat. YOU won't need the Vit E when you are on the NuVET program... NuVET's web site :   http://www.nuvet.com/81098 PLEASE call in the First order and give code 81098 / Ask for the 15% off program...

I am sure this will help a bunch!

Make sure your run this by your VET.

PLEASE Remember that I am not a VET.

Marie Peppers LPN MAhttp://www.bulldogvitamin.com  
anwar

Postby Nixen » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:02 pm

tak  

Hi, my dog has pancreatic cancer and was just wondering what types of food he can and cant eat. He is currently on prescription food but it can be expensive. any help would be great.
Nixen

Return to Pancreatic Cancer