Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Did My Husband Cheat On Me Or Is There Another Explanation?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby Ogaleesha » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:01 am

I was married for 8 years and my husband was the first man I had sex with. He slept with one other person before me but claimed he used a condom and it was a fairly short relationship. We divorced and a few months later I had treatment for pre cancer cervical cells that was due to the HPV virus. I never cheated during our marriage so is it clear he must have or can it develop from other things?
Ogaleesha

Postby Burgeis » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:50 pm

OMG!
Same thing happened to me except it was my boyfriend of two years.
I'm pretty sure my doctor told me that you can just get it from nowhere, like it's in our blood and flairs up. Kindof like canker or cold sores. I don't think that's right though. My doctor also told me that it takes up to 6 months to where I was: one stage away from cancer.

This question always stumped me with my relationship. Just blame him. haha.
Burgeis

Postby Deasach » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:53 pm

some woman are pre disposed to it, u can get it from many different common infections that went untreated. it doesnt nescessarily mean he cheated on u
Deasach

Postby flannan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:34 am

you can it from blood contact on open wounds too it does not come from sex only
so it might come from you touching someone with that disease on open wounds
flannan

Postby Neddy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:28 pm

HPV cannot "develop from other things". It's a virus. My cousin had the SAME experience. She had been married for 9 years when she found out she had pre-cancerous cells and HPV. We still don't know if he cheated on her (she swears -and I believe her- she didn't cheat on him) or if he had it all along and it just stuck around all that time.
Neddy

Postby MacDhuBh » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:46 am

I found this on http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/defaul... I thought it might help.
"How you get HPV?
Types of HPV that affect the skin can be passed on by skin contact with an affected person.

The types of HPV that affect the mouth and throat can be passed on through kissing.
Genital HPV is usually spread through intimate, skin to skin, contact during sex.
You can have the genital HPV virus for years and not have any sign of it.
So it isn?t unusual to have a long term partner and then be told you have the virus after medical tests such as cervical screening.
Many people then worry that their partner has been unfaithful, or will think they have been unfaithful.
But finding out you have HPV doesn?t necessarily mean that you or your partner have been unfaithful.
There is no way of knowing how long you have had the virus.
It could be weeks, months or years."
I wouldn't go accusing your husband of anything unless you have other reasons to believe he has been unfaithful?
MacDhuBh

Return to Cervical Cancer