Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Dad's Naturopath Says "unbalanced Tissue" In His Cancer Treatment Report...meaning?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Dad's Naturopath Says "unbalanced Tissue" In His Cancer Treatment Report...meaning?

Postby Loyal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:41 am

When I see the term "unbalance tissue" on my dad's report from his naturopath, I can imagine a variety of ways that it can be interpreted.
My dad has pancreatic cancer.
When I see a term like this I'm inclined to wonder if this is just non-informational filler that gives the illusion that the naturopath is actually determining anything.
Unbalanced tissue...that could mean simply the presence of a tumor in an organ.
It seems so vague a term to be given back to the patient without some sort of explanation.
Any ideas?
Loyal

Postby Hunter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:43 am

"Unbalance tissue" is not a medical term and means nothing. What kind of report is this? If it has any significant meaning at all it would be from a radiologist or a pathologist. It is impossible for anyone to cure their own pancreatic cancer as they only way for it to be cured is with surgery and even then the chances are slim. I have only seen 3 long term survivors and all 3 had their cancer found incidentally and surgically removed. Nothing he eats or does not eat will make cancer go away.
Hunter

Postby Dalyn » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:45 am

I would say that your intuition is correct.

A naturopath is good at easing the mind and selling people on their "product". They often do not have any published research to prove that their methods work. Naturopathy has been known to ease people's minds and offer methods of relaxation. Its not a bad thing, I just wouldnt go by everything they say in terms of diagnosis and treatments that have not been scientifically proven to work.

I am very leary of someone who claims to have "cured" their own cancer. That's like me saying that "Im the Queen of Sheeba". What does that even mean? I wouldnt even trust that his diagnosis was confirmed by an actual doctor.

I am so glad to hear that your Dad is also taking conventional treatment. These are the ones that have been scientifically proven to have positive results. Hopefully the natural medicine route offers him relaxation and puts him more at ease.
Dalyn

Postby Dillan » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:46 am

"I'm inclined to wonder if this is just non-informational filler that gives the illusion that the naturopath is actually determining anything"

Yep.
Precisely.
Dillan

Postby robbin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:47 am

A naturopath knows very little about pancreatic cancer. Why don't you ask a real doctor.
robbin

Postby cruim37 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:48 am

You're correct in thinking that "unbalanced tissue" is just filler to make your Dad think his naturopath is doing something.
A real cancer diagnosis would include what type of cancer it is based on a pathologist's reading of a biopsy.
Naturopaths aren't doctors and you should be wary of claims that they can cure this or that disease.

I think it's good that your Dad is also doing chemo.
It will be a difficult time for him so you have to be strong and supportive.
You also need to make sure that this naturopath does not convince your Dad to give up on chemo.
Always ask your Dad's doctor on what to do.

Good luck, I hope everything turns out well.
cruim37

Postby Warenhari » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:50 am

The naturopath is a quack.
Unbalanced tissue indeed.
Warenhari

Postby fernando » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:52 am

While agreeing with all the other posters there is one thing they have not addressed that I think is important.

Does the treating oncologist know about the restrictive diet? And more importantly about the herbs?

Anyone going through chemotherapy should discuss any supplements - even herbal ones - with their oncologist.
Some do no harm, some may actually help, but some can counteract the benefit of the chemotherapy.
fernando

Return to Pancreatic Cancer