Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Cyst In My Cervical Area?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby Benzion » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm

I just got a call from my doctor yesterday and they told me that I have thickening of my cervix and that there was a cyst in my cervix as well. I am very concerned and scared. Also, they told me they could not find my left tube and ovary in the ultrasound so they are performing an MRI to see what is really going on. Again SCARED! I have never been threw this before. A cyst in my cervix how does that happen? I am on birth control and have been on it for about 8 years now. I kind of stopped getting my period as I just continue on with another pack of pills. Could that be the problem as to why my cervical wall is thick? I was suffering from abdominal pain but it isn't major it comes and it goes. Mostly I feel it when I have to take a BM. There was a couple instances at night where I got a horrible pain in my pelvic area. It would not go away. It almost felt like a contraction. I just do not understand how it got down to this. I am very concerned and scared as I did not even start a family yet and I am 24. I want to get pregnant I really do but after hearing this news I feel like I cant. This all started when I woke up one morning in 2009 and noticed that my pelvic area looked inflammed. I did go to the doctor that day though and he didn't seem to think anything was wrong so I just lived with and started to notice in Feb. 2010 that all my clothes started not to fit and that I was gaining weight and my abdomial area was getting bigger. I remember going to the doctor for numerous UTI and Bladder tests and pregnancy tests and they were all negative. All my paps are normal as well I forgot to throw in there. Where did this come from why all of a sudden is this happening to me. A person with a thick cervical wall, can they get pregnant? Also, how to they remove the excess tissue from that area for it to be thin again? I asked if I had cancer and they said no and that endometriosis was ruled out. I just can't understand why my left tube and left ovary did not show up on a ultrasound? Is this common? I heard the blood flow when the ultrasound tech did an internal. So anyone with answers please help me as I am a nervous reck as is my fiancee. I am really hoping this does not interfer with my fertility because if it does I will go into a deep depression. Please help me!!
Benzion

Postby tremaine20 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:21 pm

did you get checked for PCOS? or other reproductive problems..
you need to get a thorough exams and a full panel of blood tests. have ur hormone levels tested because you may need to get on metformin to help regulate your per. good luck .. also feel free to email me at [email protected] i have some issues with my period as well and i do some natural things to help regulate my cylce. also other than what you have stated above??
tremaine20

Postby Cydorn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Cervical cysts are known as Nabothian cysts and are VERY common. It is of no clinical significance unless they become very large which is rare. It should not cause you any problems. The fact that they didn't see your left ovary is nothing to be worried about either. Sometimes they are hidden behind some bowel which obstructs the sound waves. They are probably just wanting to do the MRI to assure that it is normal. And fallopian tubes are not seen on ultrasound unless they are abnormal (filled with fluid, pus, etc.) so it's good that they didn't see it.
Cydorn

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials