Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Could It Be Cancer?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Could It Be Cancer?

Postby Foley » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:30 pm

How quickly can cervical cancer progress? I have been sexually active and with my boyfriend for 10 months. I just got a bad Pap reading (ASCUS) and positive for HPV. I have to go in for a colposcopy and biopsy in 2 weeks. Could be cancer already? I am also having some pelvic pain?
Foley

Could It Be Cancer?

Postby Dosne » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:35 pm

It coukd be pre-cancerous cells. My sister went throught this and still is. HPV could have come from any sexual contact not just sex sex. She had one abnormal pap in her four year relationship. Just take someone with you whoo can be a rock for you because the colposcopy and biopsy are really painful and you will not want to drive after it. Good luck honey. Think positive and keep your head up.
Dosne

Could It Be Cancer?

Postby Hickey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Cervical cancer progresses slowly.
If caught in the pre-cancerous stage or in early stages the prognosis is very very good.

Just because you tested positive for HPV does not mean you have or will get cervical cancer.

Good luck.
Hickey

Could It Be Cancer?

Postby Carmelo » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Cervical cancers do not form suddenly, so over a 10 month period is sufficient time for the cervical cancer to develop. You can prevent most precancers of the cervix by avoiding exposure to HPV, but seeing as though you have been diagnosed as positive to HPV, there is a high chance that this could be cancer from it's earlier stages. However as your pelvic pain is of some concern, the cancer may already be in it's later stages. Please understand that there are many EFFECTIVE medical treatments for this kind of cancer, unlike liver and major organ cancers so your rate of survival is much higher than it is lower.

"Early cervical cancer generally produces no signs or symptoms. As the cancer progresses, these signs and symptoms may appear:

Vaginal bleeding after intercourse, between periods or after menopause

Watery, bloody vaginal discharge that may be heavy and have a foul odor

Pelvic pain or pain during intercourse"

Hope i didn't upset you too much, and good luck with biopsy and colposcopy results.
Carmelo

Could It Be Cancer?

Postby Tryp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:41 pm

In colposcopy all the cervical area will be magnified and any suspected lesion will be biopsied and also cauterized . Now you are in the perfect way and true approach , so do not disturb your mind . I think there is nothing to be worry about , the only problem will be papilomatosis changes , in my opinion it couldn't be cancer honey , go and enjoy your life ! .
Tryp

Could It Be Cancer?

Postby Odwolfe » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:44 pm

some cancer infomation

http://www.lxplus.cn/default.asp?tag=cancer
Odwolfe

Return to Cervical Cancer