Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Could I have breast cancer? Its been 1 week since i found a lump in the outer corner of my breast. my armpits?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Could I have breast cancer? Its been 1 week since i found a lump in the outer corner of my breast. my armpits?

Postby mark » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:53 pm

and breast had been sore a few weeks before but no lump. I'm 15 and I know the chances but I want to be taken seriously. when I found the lump on the outside of my skin was pushed up and almost looked like bite and was pink around it. It's a week later and the pinks almost gone but lump is still there. I've been having sore pain in armpits and upper back. My mom won't take me to the doctor. I've been.feeling exhausted all the time.
What should I do?
mark

Postby sampson » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:56 pm

It might just be an ingrown hair.
sampson

Postby slaton » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Yeah rebecca could be right but seek medical advice too.
slaton

Postby coinneach92 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Have you had, about have or are on your period, I'm not sure why it happens but had a similar thing went the doctor and was told it had something to do with being on my period, it went away about a week or two after my period. Being your so young it is so unlikely and rare to be breast cancer. Keep an eye on it and if doesn't go away or get bigger or more sore tell your mum again. I can't stress enough how unlikely it is to be breast cancer though. Also do you have a school nurse? She may not be able to give you an answer on what it is but she could talk to your mum taking you to the doctor.
coinneach92

Postby haraford » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 pm

You do not need your mother to take you,make an appointment yourself and go,it is probably nothing,but why should you keep worrying? Your mother should be a bit more understanding shouldn't she? ask her if she had a lump in her breast what she would do!
haraford

Postby mark » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:22 pm

At your age its proboly not cancer. However any lump should be looked at to rule anything out. If your mom doesn't want to take you to the doctor tell your school nurse or your teacher you like the most. They could also help you out.
mark

Postby kellach95 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:42 pm

You say you know the chances - but if you really did you wouldn't be asking.

At 15 your chances of breast cancer are one in 1.3 million - less than half your chances of being struck by lightning (one in 500,000).

The chances of breast cancer in both breasts (or armpits) at once are very, very, very much smaller than that.

Breast cancer lumps are within the breast, not ON it - there's no redness and nothing to see. If it looks like a bug bite, it almost certainly is

Even in women old enough for breast cancer, most breast lumps (that is, lumps within the breast tissue) aren't cancer; 80% of lumps considered suspicious enough for biopsy are found to be benign (non-cancerous).

Pain is very rarely an indication of breast cancer; most people diagnosed with breast cancer have felt no pain at all. Where it IS a symptom, it's usually because the cancer is advanced; in the beyond-unlikely case of a 15 year old with breast cancer, it wouldn't have had time to become advanced.

Pain in the upper back is not a breast cancer symptom. Exhaustion is not a breast cancer symptom.

Talk to your school nurse; she will be able to reassure you
kellach95

Postby peppino72 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:44 pm

Definitely Not. It's quite sad your mother won't take you to the doctor.....it sounds like it's nothing more than a common cyst, but you really should have it checked by your doctor..you may need antibiotics. try to convince your mother to take you...
peppino72

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer