Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Could a 19 year old female have breast cancer? what are the signs?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Postby arledge » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:33 pm

A 19 year old female is statistically more than twice as likely to be struck by lightning than she is to develop breast cancer.

The chances are one in 1.3 million, or less than 0.0001%

Early breast cancer has no symptoms, and in the unlikely event of a 19 year old developing breast cancer it would not have had time to become advanced.

If it's a lump you're worried about, bear in mind that even in women old enough for breast cancer, most breast lumps aren't cancer
arledge

Postby devlin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Very few chances. It only about 8%. Its generally in women above 35years.

Any of the following unusual changes in the breast can be a symptom of breast cancer:

* swelling of all or part of the breast
* skin irritation or dimpling
* breast pain
* nipple pain or the nipple turning inward
* redness, scaliness, or thickening of the nipple or breast skin
* a nipple discharge other than breast milk
* a lump in the underarm area
devlin

Postby raynard41 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Well if you are truly scared that you could have breast cancer, then you should go see your doctor because you never know. Having breast cancer your age is rare, but definitely possible! The biggest sign of breast cancer would be a visible lump on either one of your breasts. This is truly something to see a doctor about if you truly believe you have it. There is nothing to be scared of, and you have to be open with the doctor. If you do have it, you will be getting support from your family and friends no matter what, and breast cancer is something that is serious, but curable. I truly believe that you will be fine, as long as your open with your doctor. Best of wishes!
raynard41

Postby wilmod » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Yes, you can even have it at 15 years old. The signs are in your breasts. You can do a little examination on yourself, which you should do every so often (every woman or girl should do that!!).

Look for lumps in your breasts. Really hard lumps, like the size of marbles and as hard as rocks. You should lay on your back, on your bed, and feel with both hands on one breast, knead and poke!
wilmod

Postby carolos » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:05 pm

NO. She can Not. Her odds are better to be abducted by little green men.
There are no signs. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at the age of 44. I felt no lump, I felt no pain, I had no idea it was there, until I went for my yearly mammogram. There are no outwards signs of breast cancer in it's early stages and certainly no pain.
carolos

Return to Breast Cancer