Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Commercials You Really, Really Hate?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby finneen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:08 am

I'm all for the right to advertise and I also am well aware that good ratings bring in high revenue for those commercials but, c'mon, a show starts its barrage of commercials 7-9 minutes after a show begins and we are subject to 4 minutes or so of commercials after about every 5 minutes of program.

I'm sick and tired of Flo at Progressive, that dude with Mesothelioma, that chick in the ugly sweater wanting me to join the AARP, and all the rest of them ad nauseum.

Thank God I have my DVR which allows me to record about 95% of the programs I want to see and then I can zip right right through those annoying wastes of time.

So, I ask you, which commercials do YOU abhor the most?
finneen

Postby Bemot » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:09 am

All the ads for prescription drugs that do not tell what they are for but list all side effects.
Bemot

Postby Merrick » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:10 am

KIA Hamsters......... hip hop Rodents driving toasters.
Merrick

Postby Peyton » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:14 am

I also hate Flo from Progressive, and I also hate Commercials that are played SOOOO much!
Peyton

Postby Ormemund » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:15 am

The Wendy's commercials

The Progressive commercials

The Bel Vita commercial, with the annoying trying-too-hard-to-be-Zooey-Deschanel girl.

The Sonic commercials
Ormemund

Postby Lothen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:19 am

Anything that has to do with feminine hygiene products or male erectile dysfunction; anything that has a whiny little brat or snot-nosed kid; teenagers with that "i hate everyone" attitude; anything with ignorant dancing & singing; snooty restaurants, cruise lines, or hotels; old people with the runs; car/truck commercials; and anything that shows up on any website I'm looking at.
Lothen

Postby lleweliyn22 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:20 am

the same ones
lleweliyn22

Postby Bradach » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:21 am

I get my TV on the Interwebs these days for this very reason.. advertising has grown way too prevalent/hostile to be tolerated.

The advertisement I currently despise the most features this angry-eyed, tight-haired woman on an exorcise bike stirring a glass of Metamucil while her other hand screws around with a laptop. She gives this speech about multitasking, and its pretty standard ad-fare, but as she's going through it she has a tone and look in her eyes that suggests she's calling you, the person being advertised too, a total fvcking tool.

A more recent one that really pisses me off is for Nicorette, featuring a dude sitting at his desk, only for another dude to slide out, stick a cigarette in his mouth, and ask the dude at his desk if he wanted one. The quitter reaches for his drawer, whips out the nicorette, and green ninja's appear to attack the smokes. My issue with this add is that its blatantly designed to bring on a cigarette craving. The add features not only abundant shots of cigarettes flying through the air wistfully, but also a strong majority of the drably colored objects in the background are long, white and cylindrical. Its essentially as much an add for cigarettes as it is for Nicorette.. which is a brilliant business model, but fvcking evil.
Bradach

Postby Hernando » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:23 am

kroger and heb commercials
Hernando

Return to Mesothelioma Forum