Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Colon/liver Cancer And Sever Stomach Cramps

Liver Cancer research, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby donte » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:43 am

My mother(75 years old) had severe stomach cramps which usually surfaced shortly after eating.  So, she cut down on what she would eat, and lost a lot of weight.  She was a thin woman to begin with but now looks frail and unhealthy.

Anyway, she had a gastric examination(stomach scope) and a colonoscopy.  The colonoscopy revealed a growth in her colon.  A following cat-scan revealed colon cancer which had spread into her liver.

We have made an appointment with Sloan(NYC) next week.  However, the original doctor(who did the stomach and colon procedures) saw nothing which would explain the cramps.  The cramps have gotten worse, and are so bad she is unable to sleep and is hardly eating anything(tea, dry-toast, a bagel, slices of turkey, and a banana for the entire day).  She is scared to take any sort of OTC sleeping aid(e.g., Tylenol PM) because she doesn't want to hurt her liver.

Do you have any suggestions as to what is causing the cramping, and what she can do for it?

Thank you.

-Ed
donte

Postby Christopher » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:22 pm

Even with cancer in her liver I doubt very much that she could further harm her liver as long as she sticks to recommended doses. So I think she can use them. No unfortunately I do not know. Did her gastroscopy show ANYTHING remarkable at all? It may have to do with her tumor but I can not be sure.

If her cramps have become this bad her drs. must give that problem some attention too!
Christopher

Return to Liver Cancer