Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!  

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Chewing tobacco compared to smoking?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby addaneye » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:05 am

Okay so I'm 16 and started dippin when I was 14. I'd say 30% of the guys at my school chew and most of them are very wealthy which I guess people don't expect? Anyways what's so bad about chew? People make it look as If it's the devil himself. I'm not saying chew is good for you but compared to smoking tobacco I think it is.
addaneye

Postby hurlbart » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:07 am

It is bad for you in different ways. Smoking leads to lung cancer and other cancers, primarily of the respiratory system. Dip tends to cause mouth cancers. I think oral cancers are a bit more treatable, but the treatment sucks. You may need to have parts of your jaw removed and never be able to eat solid foods again.

Overall, since this is 100% under your control, I would opt to not expose myself to either.
hurlbart

Postby waren » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:17 am

i have been told by doctors its way more likely to give you mouth or throat cancer than smoking

its really hard on the gums and lips, and throat. yeah it will really mess up your gums and teeth after a few days of constant use i mean really bad.

if you can not use it all the time that wont be as much of a problem unfortunately after a while you usually start to want and use it all the time

it is better for your lungs undoubtedly

i agree with you, it seems better for me than smoking for sure, but according to most doctors we are wrong... hmmm
waren

Postby kennan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:20 am

Are you serious? Everyone may be doing it, but it's still a vile, disgusting habit. All that drooling and spitting...ugh. Nasty-tasting kisses. And then there's the greatly increased risk of cancer of the mouth, throat and jaw, which results in some serious facial disfigurement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1-Q92xFZ6w
kennan

Postby naftalie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:31 am

That **** just cuts up your lip and could give you lip cancer
naftalie

Return to Lung Cancer