Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Chemo stopped for pancreatic cancer, how long will he live?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby chayim » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:38 pm

If someone has pancreatic cancer and the dr's have stopped the chemo as it is not working. He was diagnosed in January and told in March it was between stages 2 & 3, but has deteriorated really quickly and lost a huge amount of weight. How long do you think he has left?
chayim

Postby rhys » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:43 pm

If someone has pancreatic cancer and the dr's have stopped the chemo as it is not working. He was diagnosed in January and told in March it was between stages 2 & 3, but has deteriorated really quickly and lost a huge amount of weight. How long do you think he has left?
The median survival is 2-6 months. If he has lost a lot of weight you are looking at the lower end. I am sorry.
rhys

Postby rhys45 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:57 pm

If the doctor says that chemo is not working, then the cancer is expanding at its original site and/or spreading to other locations. Unfortunately, the outlook is not good.

No one can say how long any patient has to live, not even their doctor. Generally speaking, if chemo is stopped and spread is aggressive, then the patient has only months to live, maybe a year at best.

Sorry that I can't offer better news. Here is info on pancreatic cancer:
rhys45

Postby eanraig » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:15 pm

He needs to start taking mega doses of pancreatic enzyme supplements!!! Conventional medicine has around 1% survival rate for pancreatic cancer. Cancer is a metabolic disease and metabolic diseases are found to be a deficiency of vitamins and/or enzymes. I'm afraid vitamins and enzymes don't make money in conventional medicine. I throughly recommend buying the book Cancer: Curing the Incurable Without Surgery, Chemotherapy, or Radiation by William Donald Kelley. Testimonals and clincial studies show amazing reversal of terminal pancreatic cancer. As one comment i found under a video stated on one of the links below:

WHY DO PEOPLE GIVE UP SO FAST? WHY DON'T THEY LOOK AT? ALTERNATIVES? I WILL NEVER GET THAT, EVER! MY DAD WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PANCREATIC CANCER AND CURED HIMSELF WITH THIS BOOK Cancer: Curing the Incurable Without Surgery, Chemotherapy, or Radiation
by William Donald Kelley. IT TOOK OVER 7 MONTHS AND A LOT OF HARD WORK BUT HE IS CANCER FREE!!!!!

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=20050621155802
http://www.naturalnews.com/022452.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm7eXutk08o
http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/gerson-pancreas-cancer-healing.html
http://worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/gItract.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N33_vJnbIg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4DOQ6Xhqss

Edit: to aphraar: Testimonials prove this pancreatic therapy works....i'm sorry you didn't know about it sooner. I'm sorry people pay large amounts of money for chemo and radiation therapy with such poor % of survival with conventional medicine. Pharmaceutical companies and greed. Their 600 billion in profits annually, over 1 trillion dollars in cancer research with poor results...and you say alternative medicine is fraud!
eanraig

Postby ward61 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:26 pm

I know a guy who did what red angel talked about above and he did ldn with it , low dose naltrexone
my friend got his naltrexone from 1 888 848 1945 https://www.riverpharmacy.com/drugInformation.php?ActiveIngredient=1250
he was told nothing could be done , well , he is cancer free after ldn , enzymes and immunocal,
he gained his weight back and is healthy , he had late stage pancreatic cancer that had spread
to his liver , he was in bad shape . the enzymes he took were vitalzym

or your doc can write a script for it , you can call for info 561-218-0111 skips pharmacy , free shipping
**************************************…
and to deal with the weight loss you can get some immunocal , it gives your body what it needs
to produce much more glutathione , and the older we get the less our bodies produce glutathione

Low glutathione is also strongly implicated in wasting and negative nitrogen balance (Droge and Holm, 1997), notably as seen in cancer, AIDS, sepsis, trauma, burns and even athletic overtraining. Glutathione supplementation can oppose this process and in AIDS, for example, result in improved survival rates (Herzenberg et al, 1997).

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/pdr/immunocal-powder-sachets.html#ixzz0qBa6NNML

celine dions husband beat cancer with immunocal
ward61

Postby leod » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:32 pm

dr berkson , md, phd , treated many pancreatic cancer patients with low dose naltrexone ,
these people came to him after standard treatment failed and after their cancer docs told them to get into hospice , well they are still alive and healthy and working after low dose naltrexone !

also red angel is right on , a great enzyme is vitalzym , clincally proven , it has serrapeptase in it , look it up , you can do most anything with low dose naltrexone also , there is much hope here

what if I told you that there is a non toxic drug that has no adverse side fx , low cost , about 30 a month,..................................…
that oncologist , neurologist , md's , phd's in the usa and all over the world are prescribing and seeing results unheard of , for many types and stages of cancer , and preventing cancer recurrence
......................................…
studies that were done years ago by dr bihari in new york showed that people with autoimmune disorders like ms , lupus , crohns , etc... and ....cancer........ , showed that they all had about
25% of the normal endorphin levels in their blood , what they discovered is that immune function is closely related to endorphin levels , and immune system communication , yes your immune communicates , how do you think vaccines work , your given something that alerts your immune system so if it shows up later you immune system will recognize it and kill it before it causes disease . like polio ........................................…
this non toxic drug Iam speaking of causes your body to make more endorphins and enkephalins ,
Many body tissues have receptors for these endorphins and enkephalins, including virtually every cell of the body's immune system. , with no adverse side fx .......................................
well one of the side fx is most people who take this low dose medication never catch colds or flus ,
or they are short lived ,.......................................…
for whatever reason their immune system did not keep it in check , because that is what a modulated , strong immune system does , it keeps you healthy , and normal endorphin levels make you feel good naturally ..........................
and keeps your immune system strong , modulated and healthy , and in return you get better emotionally , physically , I have seen it happen personally . ........................................…
so many cancer patients who were told by their cancer doctors "nothing can be done " are still alive and cancer free or on the way to becoming cancer with free with ldn , low dose naltrexone .
naltrexone was made for something else years ago at higher doses , 50 mg or more , what dr bihari
discovered is when he lowered the dose down to between 3 and 4.5 mg amazing things began to happen to the immune system , it was normalized and supercharged , in laymans terms , lol ,...........
[email protected] e mail me for more medical doctor links who use ldn
look up low dose naltrexone at yahoo and yahoo groups .
there are many videos from doctors and patients talking about ldn and what it did for them on y0u tube
both links below are doctors sites , ldn.org does not profit from ldn in any way , please learn about it for yourself , oh yea , I can tell you first hand that other than supercharging the immune system , it also gives you a sense of well being , endorphins do that naturally , not the drug , ldn causes your body to make more endorphins in a no toxic way , have you ever heard of a runners high ?
running raises endorphin levels a little , ldn does much more , no side fx , low cost , no brainer

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&…
you can get ldn online also or get a script from a doc , the pharmacy below has been filling scripts since the 80s for ldn , call them and ask them about it , this is real , it works , non toxic , low cost
________________________________________…
do not believe the lie that nothing can be done !!!!!!!!!
also look up immunocal , it raises glutathione levels , look it up on u tube
leod

Postby jonni » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:41 pm

2 members of my family have died from this disease. It's awful and I am so sorry. If he makes it through the summer, I would be surprised. Spend the last few months making memories for you and your family and remember, when it's over, he will no longer be in pain. God bless you and your family.
jonni

Postby chano » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:44 pm

I'm very very sorry. I don't know what it's like to go through this for I have never experienced it. (I know I will someday, maybe soon) But it's gonna be between 2 1/2 - 4 months...
chano

Postby ryszard86 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:50 pm

my uncle died within 3 months of being diagnosed with stage 3 pancreatic cancer
ryszard86

Return to Pancreatic Cancer