Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Cervical Cancer... I need Advice.. help pls?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby athmarr60 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:01 pm

ok well im 19 yrs old... i went to the doctor a week ago... he checked me and all... Results.... he called me to have an appointment, turns out i have cervical cancer,but im in level one... and he didnt give me anything to help from preventing it... he said i should wait a few months to see what happens!!! is this wrong, shouldnt he do something about it before it gets worse??? and also idk how to tell my family about this?? its hard.. :'(
athmarr60

Postby rowyn » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Calm done, I am 19 as well and I was diagnosed with stage one when I was 16. Stage one is very low risk. Did he perform a colposcopy yet? If not, ask him why. He may want to wait a few more months to see if more abnormal cells show up, it's not a big deal since your still stage one. And about telling your family, I would recommend telling your mom first and just keep it between you guys for a little while until you find out more details. I ended up having laser surgery to remove the abnormal cells. It's a very very simple procedure. After he decides on what he wants to do wether it be freezing the cells in office or taking you under surgery to do the laser he will then ask you to come in more regularly for more pap smears. If you would like to know more just message me, don't be affraid. Good Luck hun!!!!
rowyn

Return to Cervical Cancer