Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Cervical Cancer Caused By By Std Or Hpv? Confused?! Told If Untreated Less Than 1 Year 2 Live? Help?!?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Cervical Cancer Caused By By Std Or Hpv? Confused?! Told If Untreated Less Than 1 Year 2 Live? Help?!?

Postby robbin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:24 am

okay so my sister in law is with her husband and father of her 2 child\re, he cheated on her and gave her THIS IS WHAT SHE TOLD ME IDK IF ITS THE TRUTH FULLY OR SHES TRYING TO SUGAR COAT IT)

she told me that shes in her early stages of getting cervical cancer do to a hpv or std i forget which she said? she said that the docs said if she wouldnt have come in she would of lived less than 1 year?! so wouldnt this mean she probably has the cancer pretty bad already? if she would of only had less than a year to live?

also shes scheduled for surgery to remove (she didnt tell me what part of her) but theyre cutting everything off and only leaving a tiny slice left she said like a v shape left, and that itll grow back in time on its own? idk what body part inside her theyre cutting off or whatever? let me know if anyone knows>?

also she said that she had to go through a few different stages or surgeries for to get rid of this before it starts supposedly, which i think it already started!

she also said that this disease was passable even if if he had a condom on which i doubt? let me know if im wrong.

and she also said even though he had the disease and passed it to her, that in men it goes away on its own fast.? supposedly once again let me know if this is true!

also what was the disease most likely that she had that started all of this??? please let me know all the info. i want to let her brother know the true facts not all this sugar coated stuff!

shes still with this stupid guy who has cheated on her quite a few times and this isnt the first disease he gave her, its happened before but less bad diseases?!
robbin

Postby Keenan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:25 am

see it's all our mind-set,...................go & consult a doctor,.........................follow the instructions strictly,..........................don't worry,....................
Keenan

Postby West » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:26 am

Hi Savannah.
I'll try to answer all your questions since I myself had stage 4 cervical cancer.
First, cervical cancer is generally caused by HPV or human papilloma virus, better known as genital warts.
Second, cervical cancer is almost 100% curable if caught in the early stages (stage 1).
Third, if she's undergoing surgery to have something removed, it will not grow back.
The only organ in the human body which regenerates itself is the liver! Also, while a condom does give you a certain level of protection against STDs, it is not 100% effective.
Lastly, most women will, at some time in their lives, become infected with HPV, and it usually clears up on it's own.
It will however, lead to cervical cancer if it does not clear up on its own.
This is why a yearly pap smear is necessary.
One more thing - her guy needs to get checked as well to make sure it is cleared up although I highly doubt it.
Good luck.
West

Postby Caramichil » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:29 am

730 days of those 1000 days ( 73% of the time ) were democratic dominated in the oval office, the house and the senate. Yet still we have a few responding to your question blaming republicans. HEY LIBBIES, you should thank the republicans for stopping it. The near $5 trillion in added debt totally Obama and the dems would be much higher if not for the 2010 election. --- where the dems got a worst any party a$$ whippin in 70 years!!! After losing 60 house seats, 10 senate seats and 680 state level assembly seats. Wake the F up! Guess what.....you think the nation was ticked off then as evidence of the dem party nation wide got a good ol' fashion widening of their sphincter muscle, watch what happens 11 months from now.
Caramichil

Postby Broin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:34 am

OK - what she's told you is true, but she's exaggerating the scale of the problem.
She is being treated for CIN3, which is very early stage cervical cancer where they LEEP it away (google the terms).
LEEP is removal of the surface of the cervix to take away the HPV infected area.

Yes, it's likely he gave it to her, and it's infectious even if condoms are used.

I doubt she has advanced cancer as I'm not sure if they would bother with LEEP if the next stage of cancer had been reached - that's why I think she's exaggerating.
Thousands of women have LEEP every year, it's a standard treatment for pre-cancerous cells on the cervix.

In men the virus can be difficult to spot, or it can cause penile or anal cancers, but it depends on which strain of virus it is.

She is probably exaggerating about being dead within a year if she hadn't gone for a smear!
Broin

Postby Yair » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 am

Ok... I will try my best to understand what you said!

She probably has HPV. Which can be passed on even if protection is used, as it is from genital-genital contact, not just fluids. So even if you protect yourself 100%, you can still get it. Almost every woman will have HPV at some point in her life, it is very common. It only develops into cancer in a very small number of cases.

I'm not sure about her having a year to live, for this to be possible she would have been neglecting her health for a long time. Women need to have pap smears every two years, to monitor the cervix and prevent things like this.

As for surgeries, if a woman has an abnormal pap, she will then go for a colposcopy with biopsy, which removes a small part of the cervix (this grows back in time), then a number of different treatments are available, most involving surgery. If she knows for certain that it is cancer, she has probably already had the colposcopy and the biopsy.

You need to sit down with her and research together if you want to understand exactly what is happening.
Yair

Return to Cervical Cancer