Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Cancer will not give me rest...after a year of my wife's breast cancer it has hit family and friends?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Cancer will not give me rest...after a year of my wife's breast cancer it has hit family and friends?

Postby diondre21 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:16 am

Her uncle was diagnosed with bladder cancer stage 2. Treatments begin next week. Today I talked to a co-worker of mine that was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He told me his doctor said he has about a year left.

Now after my wife's breast cancer I know each person is different and there is hope in clinical trials. But if a doctor told me this I would probably feel like it was hopeless....is it?
diondre21

Postby jannes31 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:18 am

Hi Dave,

I’m sorry to hear this, but glad Becky is doing well. I answered your question about her uncle’s bladder cancer but didn’t realize it was you at the time. I hope you got to the bottom of that, as what they were saying didn’t make a lot of sense.

Anyway, about pancreatic cancer, this is not a good cancer to have and in general has a poor prognosis. The only people I have seen who survive it are the few lucky ones where it was found by accident. Less than 20% have resectable disease when diagnosed and it is not an easy surgery. After going through Becky’s cancer I think you have a good idea of how likely it is to cure if the tumor cannot be removed. Less than 20% survive the first year and less than 3% survive 5 years.

Clinical trials may help. I’m not sure what treatment Patrick Swayze is on, but he is being treated at Stanford and is surviving longer than most. I’m sorry I wish the news was better.
jannes31

Postby athemar » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:28 am

Emotionally, honey, you've been hit by a truck. And yes it seems that cancer incidents are on the rise but so is the rate of long term remission. Each person is different and so is each type of cancer. Pancreatic cancer is not the death sentence it once was. I found 317 Pancreatic Cancer clinical trials listed on the National Cancer Institutes's website.
athemar

Postby lucila » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:32 am

I don't really understand your questions. As far as hope in clinical trials, is one of your friends in a clinical trial? The best answer is no, there is no hope in clinical trials for cancer, but in the 80s, (I think that) 51 men were cured of testicular cancer in a clinical trial of cisplatin, so yes, people tend to have hope even if it is unlikely that the trial will cure them.
lucila

Postby eochaidh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:38 am

Cancer is a terrible disease and it strikes when least expected. Learning Tai Chi and Qigong from a qualified instructor and practicing it daily can help lower the risks of getting it and has been known to compliment cancer treatment.
eochaidh

Postby vogel » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:50 am

well cancer is now curable through automatic yoga.
Yogic movements happen automatically according to the requirement of your problem. It's free of cost and no need to do any physical exercise externally.

watch the interview of people who cured from cancer on http://auomaticyoga.blogspot.com

and visit site to see the method which you can follow:
http://www.the-comforter.org/How_to_Meditate.html

i have also given source here where you can find more in details how cancer is curable and why?
vogel

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials