Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Cancer/ and what my husband said to me..?

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

Postby jacky » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:01 am

What would be your respond to this: I just found out that my doctor found a high amount of white blood cells in my blood after taking some blood, I have been having symptoms cervical cancer and it wouldn't be a shock to me, so many of the women in my family have cancer, breast, ovarian, cervical and so forth.. you get the idea, I have four grown children and 4 grandchildren and i am only 42, my tubes are tied and I have recently remarried, My husband and I thought about getting an operation so i could have one more child, he has none.. My husband has been more understanding about all this.. one day out of the blue, he said to me since most likely I couldn't have another child, he would look for someone to have one with him., Just pure sex , she would give him the baby and be on her way.. My mouth just dropped.. since then I have felt a clueless, shocked .. looking at him is seeming to be a joke, I don't care if he goes out, I just don't care !! What are your thoughts, what would you say if this was your spouse.. It is important for him to do this, wither it would have been from me or some god know who he would pick... JUST SHOCKED
jacky

Postby sorley » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:03 am

High white cells means an infection, not cervical cancer. I would say no way. He was probably kidding, but it's good to be clear.
sorley

Postby riccardo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:23 am

he said to me since most likely I couldn't have another child, he would look for someone to have one with him., Just pure sex , she would give him the baby and be on her way..
>> Is your husband a POLITICIAN????
review your wedding vows on that one!
riccardo

Postby arran » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:38 am

He's probably just sick of listening to you moan on and being a hypochondriac...a high white count is in absolutely no way indicative of cervical cancer. Stop whining, decide if you want another child and get on with living.
arran

Postby chitto » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:49 am

I think he's being a coward and pushing you away......

But I think you need to sit down with him and get a proper explanation.
chitto

Postby armaan83 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:53 am

It's like when women go to sperm bank...
armaan83

Postby arran » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:00 am

i would punch him in the nutzz if he was my spouse.. i think he sounds kind of selfish.. i mean first he wants to have MORE KIDS regardless of the fact you and him ( i know step kids but still) have 4 and 4 grand kids!! then tells you he would have a kid with someone only to have it...uuhm sounds like a duck to me... and just pure sex?.,,, y coulnt he have suggested a surrogate?
why fvck the broad? unless he already has one on the side? im sorry about your condition i hope all is well for you hunn but seriously think about it?
arran

Postby caillen » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:16 am

I am so sorry that he is being so inconsiderate right now. There are other ways for him to have a child without sleeping around on you. If you do have cervical cancer you need to take care of that immediately and you will not be able to do it. If you have the finances look into a surrogate, he does not need to actually have sex with a surrogate it is all done by a doctor, if he does not want a surrogate then it is something else he is thinking about. Be sue to have everything one legally and use a attorney familiar with these procedures
caillen

Postby grigor94 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:17 am

It has been awhile since I took my marriage vows, but I do think that they say "in sickness and health" somewhere in there. Right now there is a possibility that you are ill. Yes, you had plans, but life is what gets in the way when we make those plans and it seems that your husband has forgotten that. He seems to also not get it that his vows were to you, not an unborn child of the future.

There are many other ways that he could plant his seed to have his child exist without having to have "just sex" with anyone. Besides, who would say that the mother would actually hand the baby over to him. Then, you'd be stuck raising someone elses' child that he made... it wouldn't be part of you. Wouldn't he want a child that is of the two of you? Or are his thoughts more of the line that he's just got to spread his seed no matter who the mother is.

I'm so sorry if I seem cold, I'm not being cold towards you. He's being so cold to you and your needs right now. I'll bet that you wouldn't be that way with him if the shoe was on the other foot. I don't blame you for being jaw-droppingly shocked and kind of numb. I would be, too. I think that it's sad how dumb he thinks you and this no-name-baby-factory are. "give him the baby and be on her way"... yeh, that's a laugh.

If he's around your age and has no child of his own that he's made, maybe now you know why! He's a cold-hearted s.o.b. that's more concerned with his own progeny that don't exist over his own wife that does exist and needs him right now. Girl... I'm floored, too.

Getting away from my astonishment... there is some major communication that needs to be done here along with some education on his part. It might be a good idea if you did the research into the legal ramifications of his little plan, printed it all out, and honorably placed it under his nose when you communicate with him. Doing that research just may get you to snap out of the numbness and shock.

Hang in there.
grigor94

Return to Cervical Cancer