5. You can counteract the depressant effects of alcohol by taking a stimulant.
6. Leaving the scene of a collision causing more than $50 in damage will result in __________
A. lower insurance premiums.
B. two points assessed against your record.
C. six points assessed against your record.
7. Amphetamines carry a ___________ risk of physical dependence or addiction.
8. Loss of ___________ means alcohol users are less likely to compensate for their other losses, such as impaired vision and slower reaction time, by driving more carefully.
9. The most confusing and difficult lighting exists at what time?
A. In the morning.
10. The chance of being involved in a fatal crash is higher at night than during the day.
11. Alcohol is a good source of nutrition.
12. On a city street you should be looking ahead of you as far ahead as the car in front of you.
13. A driver is impaired when they ___________
A. refuse to adapt their driving behavior to traffic conditions.
B. unaware of traffic around them.
C. Both A and B
14. Smoking marijuana can be as unhealthy as smoking cigarettes and ___________
A. can cause cancer.
B. results in "smokers breath."
C. can lead to premature aging.
15. More than ______ of fatalities on the road are related to alcohol.
16. Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for ___________-year-olds
A. 15- to 20
B. 20- to 30
C. 25- to 35
17. More than 30% of drivers between the ages of 15 and 20 who were killed in a motor vehicle crashes had been drinking.
18. More than 22,000 people's lives are affected by driving a motor vehicle every ___________
19. Once the effects of a stimulant wear off, the driver could quickly fall asleep.
20. Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach can cause you to get drunk faster.
21. You may lose your driver's license __________
A. when you turn 70 years old.
B. if you accumulate too many points on your driving record.
C. if you stop driving for more than 5 years.
22. LSD can make a person __________
A. have illusions and hallucinations.
B. sleep better.
C. feel more perceptive.
23. A yellow line separates traffic moving in different directions.
24. Statistically your chances of being involved in a fatal crash double between 6PM and 3AM on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
25. For a drug addict, getting the drug becomes the single most powerful motivator in their life.
26. The number on the Speed Limit sign is __________
A. the safest maximum speed for that road.
B. always at least 5 mph lower than what you can be ticketed for.
C. not applicable if the traffic is very light.
27. A collision occurs every __________
A. 20 seconds.
B. 30 minutes.
C. 6 seconds.
28. At 0.08 blood alcohol concentration, you are __________
A. not considered impaired, according to the American Medical Association.
B. presumed by Florida law to be too impaired to drive.
C. neither of the above.
29. Motor vehicle crashes are ___________ for 15- to 20-year-olds
A. the leading cause of death
B. statistically low
C. the reason insurance rates are so low
30. Many people view drug and alcohol abuse as a social problem.
31. The top excuse for not wearing your seat belt is __________
A. I am only going a short distance.
B. it is too tight.