Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can you go 2 the Hospital for an Ulcer?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby treffen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Ok, the upper part of my stomach has been hurting for like 3 str8 weeks now and it sort of makes my back hurt, so I think it might be an Ulcer and I'm wondering if I can drive to the Hospital and walk in and see what it is?

Or will they I'm some kind of joke and think it's just a stomach ache or crap and send me home.
treffen

Postby walton » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Ok, the upper part of my stomach has been hurting for like 3 str8 weeks now and it sort of makes my back hurt, so I think it might be an Ulcer and I'm wondering if I can drive to the Hospital and walk in and see what it is?

Or will they I'm some kind of joke and think it's just a stomach ache or crap and send me home.
You certainly can go to the ER for it, but it makes more sense to see your doctor. Schedule a same day appointment.

A hospital is glad to treat whoever walks in their door, so long as they can charge 'em for it.
walton

Postby aoidh » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:41 pm

no they're supposed to take you seriously if you explain to them what is going on with you, they might even make u spend the night in depending on how serious it is, just don't wait or negglect this any further, goodluck hunn
aoidh

Postby helmutt » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:46 pm

If it's been hurting this long then you prolly should at least go to the doctor or the hospital. And they shouldn't kick you out, heirs requires to take everything seriously
helmutt

Postby amlawdd31 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 pm

You'll get checked out. They can't just ignore you
amlawdd31

Return to Stomach Cancer