Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can you feel if you have ovarian cancer or endometriosis?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby gara » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:57 pm

My friend has been having abnormal bleeding, pain during sex, abdominal bloating, and back pain for about a month now and the other day she stuck her finger up there and she felt something hard....I’m in gynecological medical school and looked in my medical book and couldn't find anything that had symptoms of feeling anything unless she was in stage 4! I’m very scared for her and she has a Dr. appt tomorrow but not for a pap smear! I want to know if you can feel anything up there if you have one of these diseases?
gara

Postby jago51 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Don't worry. It is best for her doctor to examine her, rather than herself. I am sure he can put her mind at ease with a simple ultrasound.
jago51

Postby archere » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm

The hard thing sounds like the cervix - that's how it feels for part of the cycle.

Bleeding and pain after sex need a smear to check for cervical abnormalities, it hasn't got anything to do with ovaries or endo.

Ultrasounds can be used to check for cysts, and a laparoscopy can be used to check for endo.

You may find the following sites useful for your education: Endo-Resolved, Ovacome, and Jo's Trust.

Hope that helps, and please educate yourself because so many people think that ovaries and cervix are the same and they arent, its scary they haven't taught you this!
archere

Postby aviah » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Symptoms of ovarian cancer are not specific to the disease, and they often mimic those of many other more-common conditions, including digestive and bladder problems.

When ovarian cancer symptoms are present, they tend to be persistent and worsen with time. Signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer may include:

Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating
Pelvic discomfort or pain
Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea
Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation
Changes in bladder habits, including a frequent need to urinate
Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full
Increased abdominal girth or clothes fitting tighter around your waist
A persistent lack of energy
Low back pain

the symptoms and signs of endometriosis are :

Painful periods (dysmenorrhea). Pelvic pain and cramping may begin before and extend several days into your period and may include lower back and abdominal pain.

Pain with intercourse. Pain during or after sex is common with endometriosis.
Pain with bowel movements or urination. You're most likely to experience these symptoms during your period.
Excessive bleeding. You may experience occasional heavy periods (menorrhagia) or bleeding between periods .
Infertility. Endometriosis is first diagnosed in some women who are seeking treatment for infertility.
Other symptoms. You may also experience fatigue, diarrhea, constipation, bloating or nausea, especially during menstrual periods.
The severity of your pain isn't necessarily a reliable indicator of the extent of the condition. Some women with mild endometriosis have extensive pain, while others with advanced endometriosis may have little pain or even no pain at all.
After you have compare these two diseases , you will know that your friend may have endometrisois , Fuyan pill including medicine which can clear away heat and toxic material, promote blood circulation and Qi would diminish inflammation and sterilize, your friend can use it .
aviah

Postby dawayne » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:29 pm

I just can know that A woman with endometriosis may experience pain with her periods and/or pain with sexual intercourse. Her period pain usually starts a day and a half to two days before her periods and may feel like a dull ache or severe pain. She may experience the pain on one or both sides of her pelvis and it may even extend to her legs, lower back and groin. The pain with intercourse is usually with deep penetration and it may last for hours after sex. However, endometriosis is a very unpredictable disease and for some women, the pain may last for many days both before and after their periods.
So if you have one or two symptoms ,you can test for sure.then tcm-Fuyan pill is a good choice.You can also search it indeed has cured many patients.My mother is a beneficiary of this drug.
dawayne

Return to Ovarian Cancer