Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can you feel a brain tumor?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby japhet25 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:52 am

If a person has a tumor would they be able to feel it? Like actually feel it sitting in their head.
I've had a constant sensation of something on one side of my head for the past a couple days...whether it's pressure or a headache or just a sensation of "something" on that side of my head or brain....but they're all very very slight. Most of the time almost undetectable, the other side of my head is completely unaffected, feels fine.
I've noticed in the last couple months that whenever I have a headache it's usually on that side and the other side is fine. I haven't had headaches everyday since then though, they've been normal and sporadic.
This morning I woke up feeling fine and then around 9:00 a I got a little headache it was gone around 10:00. I had a headache yesterday right about the same time, and I've just had the sensation for the rest of the day.
I don't have any other symptoms of a brain tumor that can't be explained by something else, and there's a plethora of other valid reason that can explain these feelings
The only other symptoms I have are a little dizziness and weakness...but I don't eat during the day and I have poor nutrition so that's probably how I should feel.
I'm completely obsessing over this, I'm freaking out. I think I'm a hypochondriac. I think I might have an anxiety disorder...I think the only real problem here is probably those issues, but this is really driving me crazy, I feel like I'm losing control of life and I realize this is completely irrational but I can't stop myself and this is not the first time I've blown a minor health concern way out of proportion to a life threatening situation.
Right now I want a cat scan more than anything...I feel like I can't have peace of mind without it...but considering I have basically 0 symptoms I'm pretty sure I wont get one. So considering my symptoms what do you think?
And I would really appreciate professional opinions about both the tumor and the anxiety.
japhet25

Postby yates11 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 am

I have looked after many patients with brain tumours. None reported feeling a tumour. The signs and symptoms of a brain tumour are as given below. For more information please visit the link I have attached below

1. Frequent headaches
2. Nausea and vomiting
3. Personality and Mood Changes
4. Seizures
5. Cognitive impairments
6. visual and hearing changes
7. Physical spasms/changes
8. Speech impairment
yates11

Postby leon » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:01 am

I have looked after many patients with brain tumours. None reported feeling a tumour. The signs and symptoms of a brain tumour are as given below. For more information please visit the link I have attached below

1. Frequent headaches
2. Nausea and vomiting
3. Personality and Mood Changes
4. Seizures
5. Cognitive impairments
6. visual and hearing changes
7. Physical spasms/changes
8. Speech impairment
The body is a life support system for the brain. Plain and simple. If you do not feed the body right the brain will not be right. The brain controls emotions(like anxiety). You see where this is going? Start with the bad nutrition and keep at it for some months and see if that does not help. Sleep is the other thing a brain and body really need to be in good function. Bottom line is you need to take ownership of yourself and treat yourself like you really matter. You do! If you don't take care of your body it will think you hate it and will turn on you. Now go eat something healthy.
leon

Return to Brain Tumors