Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Technology to Test For Cancer With a Single Drop of Blood

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can thyroid cancer be cured?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby octave » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:47 am

what are the possible treatments for a stage 2 thyroid cancer?
octave

Postby keilah » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:51 am

What type of thyroid cancer is it?? Stage 2 differs on age for the most common types of thyroid cancer. Someone <45 yrs. with stage 2 means their tumor is any size, local lymph involvement, and they have distant metastases. Stage 2 for someone >45 yrs. means their tumor is 2 cm but not larger than 4 cm across and has not grown outside the thyroid, it has not spread to nearby lymph nodes or distant sites.

Treatment will depend on the type of thyroid cancer, but it will usually be surgery, radioactive iodine ablation, and TSH suppression. Good luck!

Best site every http://www.thyca.org/index.htm
keilah

Postby gilpin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:01 am

Yes all cancer can be cured only if you stay away from the conventional doctors. Look for Philip day at the below site, it will be the best thing you ever did.

http://www.stop-cancer.co.uk/
gilpin

Postby japhet25 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:03 am

Yes all cancer can be cured only if you stay away from the conventional doctors. Look for Philip day at the below site, it will be the best thing you ever did.

http://www.stop-cancer.co.uk/
Although I have not had thyroid cancer, I did have half of my thyroid removed because it was "precancerous". At that time my doctor said that if you're gonna have cancer, thyroid is the one to have because it is very treatable and rarely spreads. My sister in law did have full blown thyroid cancer. They removed her entire thyroid and put her on medications which she takes every day. I know thyroid cancer is sometimes treated with radioactive iodine as well.
japhet25

Postby parr » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:08 am

Most likely they will do surgery to remove all they can. You'll get test to see where and if it has spread and where. And most likely if it has you get radio active iodine in the proper doses to get rid of all of it.
You will be on thyroid medication for the rest of your life. Going back for check up to see if all is ok with your dose of medication.
I Had this 20 years ago. This was the treatment them. Of course there maybe a lot of new things out today. You will be fine. your in my thoughts
parr

Return to Thyroid Cancer