Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can These Be Signs Of Leukemia?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Jameelah » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Since a few months I am tired all the time with no real reason (for example I walk around my house and end up pretty exhausted) and I need a lot more sleep than some time ago, like, 13- 15 hours. I also bruise easily and in May I had a blood test which showed I have higher level of WBC than before (but normal). Also, for last 3 years my lymph nodes are swollen even when I'm healthy. Last week I also started to have pain in my lower back...
Jameelah

Postby Fingall » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:35 pm

The different types of leukemia share some common symptoms, including:

* Fever

* Persistent fatigue or feeling of weakness

* Loss of appetite

* Unintentional weight loss

* Easy bruising or bleeding

* Shortness of breath

* Petechiae (tiny red spots under the skin caused by bleeding)

Symptoms of acute lymphoblastic leukemia may also include the presence of painless lumps under the skin in the groin, underarm or neck, and/or pain under the ribs.
Fingall

Postby Colson » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:40 pm

Well just yesterday my brother was diagnosed with leukemia.... His symptoms were loss of appetite, fevers on and off, stomach pains. Really with leukemia your immune system is weak, so if you had it, you could catch a cold very easily and it can turn into a very bad fever, check with your doctor, my brother caught it right on time..
Colson

Postby Skye » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:44 pm

Since a few months I am tired all the time with no real reason (for example I walk around my house and end up pretty exhausted) and I need a lot more sleep than some time ago, like, 13- 15 hours. I also bruise easily and in May I had a blood test which showed I have higher level of WBC than before (but normal). Also, for last 3 years my lymph nodes are swollen even when I'm healthy. Last week I also started to have pain in my lower back...
Skye

Postby eanrin85 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:49 pm

The symptoms of leukemia can vary depending on the type of leukemia it is,

However, any persistent symptoms should be reported to a doctor. The symptoms are often non specific, but the ones you report could, indeed, be a problem.

Please see a doc. If you're underage, tell your parents. An elevated white blood cell count is basically indicative of any sort of infection, even a cold. But the fatigue and swollen lymph nodes, excessive sleep and pain should be evaluated by your doctor. Tell him/her about your concerns.

Good luck- hope all is well~
eanrin85

Return to Leukemia Forum