Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can Sutent Completely Cure Rcc Or Is It Only For Prolonging Life?

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Postby justin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:56 am

Can Sutent completely cure RCC or is it only for prolonging life?
justin

May Sutent Totally Remedy Rcc Or Could It Be Just For Extending Life?

Postby ansell74 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:38 am

My excellent dad handed final month awaywith RCC phase four. It had been a rollercoster ride for that entirefamily. My father was identified on February 4 2009 and he died on march27 2009, speculate the cancer was really aggressive. The doctor placed him onsutent for a month, he demonstrated positive outcomes for the quite 1st month,but next it definitely was research lower, the cancer had attained hisbrian and also light didn't have substantially effect.                             I want every little thing goes well with  your dad, I knwonhow hopeless you could encounter nowadays, but in fact we've to accomplish asmuch power as possible to handle this dreadful illnesses. If you want any information with regards to suten please enable meknown. Lord bless
ansell74

Postby angvariationutoke13 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Sutent isn't a remedy, even so it hasbeen established to slow development and in some instances men and women have skilled fantastic reduction in size of mets. Therefore, incomplete reactions are noticed, but I've not yet heard about total reponses. Lots of individuals can now appear at the brand new medications out as providing an opportunity at more decades of life - just like a persistent illness.Marianne
angvariationutoke13

Postby bartley » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:20 am

My partner hasbeen on Sutent since March 06 and succeeding (development free) pursuing having kidney and big growth on kidney removed in Jan 06, merely 10 times before Sutent was approved (Thanks Lord, and all of the researchers working on this wonder-drug.) Sutent is most effective on lessions that aren't bone-related from what I've been told and what we've read, therefore it truly depends. Bone metastasis (back, sides etc) are kept at present dimension for all of us, however the soft-tissue types reduce some with each period.  Although it's not really a cure, for all of us it stops extra cancer development, and does some decrease, while researchers discover a level greater cure. New medicines that would be 'cures' are in the works (google search TROVAX) which is aimed at cure, but not accessible for another year or more, therefore Sutent might be able to maintain till a 'cure' becomes available. 
bartley

Return to Kidney Cancer