Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Can Aspirin Reduce Pancreatic Cancer Risk?

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can stress, fear and anxiety cause you to feel constantly tired and get bad sleep?

Discuss Breast Cancer, one of the most common forms of cancer in the world today.

Can stress, fear and anxiety cause you to feel constantly tired and get bad sleep?

Postby stevie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:24 am

I have been stressing about breast cancer for aobut 2 weeks now and ever since I am either sleeping or worrying sleeping or worrying. I can fall asleep no problem, but can't stay asleep for more than a hour or two, I was up and am either hot or worried. I fiond myself falling back asleep and waking up from 1am to like 3 pm and then I end up feeling tired and lethargic the rest of the day and now I am fearing that this is also a symptom of metastasized cancer, the tiredness and lethargic feeling even after sleeping like that for over 12 hours. I am going to teh doctor but I am scared. I fall asleep and am calm you know but wake up scared or warm.
stevie

Postby athmarr60 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:31 am

Absolutely!!!!!!!! I have anxiety and that is one of my biggest symptoms. Tossing, turning, racing thoughts... All parts of anxiety and all keep you awake. Try drinking hot tea and taking a hot bath with soft music and dim lights RIGHT before bed. That always helped me.
athmarr60

Postby devlin » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:41 am

Hi Sarah,

It's not easy to control your emotions when you're scared.

Breast Cancer certainly is something to be concerned about. But stress can be a serious health threat so managing it is very important.

This short article tells about 'Stress and what it does'.
http://www.watchtower.org/e/201006/article_02.htm

This short article talks about how to keep stress under control.
http://www.watchtower.org/e/201006/article_03.htm

Read them. They may make you feel better on the inside.

I hope you are feeling better very soon.
:)
devlin

Postby stevie » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:44 am

yes , it can stress is a chemical , and it messes with everything, one thing you can try is valerian root, they sell it at wall mart for $4.44 in the vitamin section, it will mellow you out, and make you sleep a deep and restful sleep, try it. as for the cancer read this book "The Ringing Cedars of Russia" its a series and the first one is called "Anastasia" you can get it at barnes and noble, here you re-find the secret to divine nutrition, the way we're suppose to eat, "One should eat, just as one breaths".
stevie

Return to Breast Cancer