Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can so much hot sauce be dangerous?

Talk about Stomach Cancer diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby conor » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:02 am

Ever since I was 5 when i ate my first buffalo wing i've completely loved hot sauce. Since then, for 15 years now, I put hot sauce (buffalo sauce, or the hot sauce like tabasco, valentina, etc.) on almost everything i eat and i eat hot wings every chance i get. If i have extra sauce left over from what i ate i'll just eat the sauce by itself. Everyone tells me that i'm going to get ulcers when i get older. I looked this up on a google and some sites said i could get ulcers, but some said if my body is use to it then i shouldn't be effected. My whole life i've always gotten some random stomach aches, but i'm not sure if they are connected to the hot sauce thing. What i mean is, not every time Ive had a stomach ache had i had hot sauce that day or two before. My stomach aches don't bother me horribly to the fact that i'm crying or need to go to the ER. Stomach problems also run in my family and nobody but me in my family likes hot sauce or any type of spicy foods. The hot sauce doesn't really seem to effect me and it doesn't "hurt on the way out" like a lot of people say it does.

Please no rude comments like "why are you asking us? just go see a doctor?"

Anyone else who likes hot sauce a lot what do you think? Do you think i could be in danger of ulcers like everyone i know says i am?
conor

Postby taveon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:09 am

It can break down the lining of your oesophagus and lead to gastric ulcers.
taveon

Postby thompson36 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:14 am

it can give you gallstones.
thompson36

Postby eideard » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:21 am

it can give you gallstones.
its depending how much hot. if its sound then its good n tasty. but too hot can cause u harm to ur mouth n teeth. i think its ur choice to have a hot or normal sauce
eideard

Postby timeus » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:32 am

eating way too much hot sauce can harm you. my doctor says it can mess up your insides pretty bad , & there is a possibility that your stomach aches are caused by the hot sauce intake , especially if you are just eating only hotsauce. but , considering that stomach pains do occur in your family it can just be a genetic thing.

i also am a hot sauce lover , basically anything spicy , also my doctor said that people who mostly get ulcers are people who eat massive intakes of spicy foods.

hope i helped
timeus

Return to Stomach Cancer