Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Cancer Rates in September 11 Responders Rising

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can smoking cause pneumonia? Because I smoke and I feel extremely sick at the moment?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Can smoking cause pneumonia? Because I smoke and I feel extremely sick at the moment?

Postby danvin39 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 am

Well recently I went to a clinic because I had a violent cough and felt confused even had a little numbness in my fingers. I shrugged it off as a cold but my doctor told me that I had walking pneumonia and a high fever. I smoke around 1 pack of Marlboro reds a day and I've never had any problems except I lost a lot of weight (including boobs :( and butt) besides that I didn't have any problem. My doctor told me my smoking might have a lot to do with why I have pneumonia and why my body got so ill. I was wondering if smoking can actually be a deciding factor in getting pneumonia. I know it's not a healthy habit and causes cancer and all that fuzz. But can it actually make you get pneumonia? I've never actually heard of smoking causing that. Also I am now 5'4 92 pounds and I usually feel fine except for my chronic infections.
danvin39

Postby kegan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 am

First, you know you're anorexic and almost 30 pounds underweight. That's why you are constantly sick. And any bug you get will get worse with smoking.

You're not stupid and this isn't the first time you've heard this.

Get treatment for your eating disorder and everything else will work out fine.
kegan

Postby king » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:30 am

Smoking is the single most harmful thing to your health.
Pnuemia is related to your lungs & so is smoking,
So it defiantly could be the cause!
Quit now!
king

Postby livingston » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 am

Yes, smoking cigarretes has an awfull lot of side effects both on the smoker and on people enhaling the smoke and its up to you to quit or at least smoke less than you've been doing and also look for treatment for your lungs.
livingston

Return to Cancer Prevention