Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: New Biomarker Discovered for Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can induction cooker heated water cause cancer?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby edwald52 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:01 pm

i dont think so.
edwald52

Postby rhys45 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 pm

I've never read anything that would suggest that. I've heard some people who claim that strong magnetic fields might raise your risk, but I've never read anything conclusive on that, either. Even if it were true, the magnetic field basically causes a pot to heat up by the resistance of an electrical current moving through the pot, which shouldn't alter the water in any way, shape or form. Since that won't change the water in any way, there's no reason to believe that heating water with an induction cooker would cause water to be carcinogenic.
rhys45

Postby johan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:13 pm

No.. who told you ? It's wrong.
johan

Postby beornham » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 pm

No.. who told you ? It's wrong.
There is no reason to contact cancer using induction cooker . Electromagnetic wave causes eddy current in the pot which has magnetic property. The current in turn heat up the pot and the water. So no chance of cancer.
beornham

Return to Cancer Prevention