Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Obesity Breast Cancer Linked Confirmed

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can epididymitis cause testicular cancer?

Cancer Prevention discussion, cancer prevention diets, environmental causes of Cancer and more.

Postby burdon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am

I was just wondering if epididymitis can cause testicular cancer. I have had a pretty large epididymis for almost a year now and I went to the doctor about it because I thought it was testicular cancer. But my doctor examined me and said that it was my epididymis that I was feeling. Well it hasn't gone away and I don't know if I should go back to the doctor. It isn't painful all the time, but it comes and goes. I'm scared...and I go to the doctor a lot and I don't want to have to go again for something that I already went for almost a year ago. I'm 19 years old, and I'm really scared about testicular cancer.

I should mention that my actual testicles feel fine, it's the epididymis that is causing me the concern.
burdon

Postby jerel16 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 am

Were u actually diagnosed with epididymitis or did he just say epididymis?... Cuz ur supposed to have that last 1 lol.

Epididymitis and testicular cancer are 2 totally different things, 1 does not cause the other

Maybe read here: http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Epididymitis
jerel16

Return to Cancer Prevention