Not logged in? Join one of the busiest Cancer Forums on the Internet! Join Now!   Latest blog post: Genetic Testing For Breast Cancer

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Can diet soda cause brain damage?

Anything relating to brain tumors symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby maccoll35 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:28 pm

i heard from various sources that aspartame in diet soda can cause brain damage.

1.if it does cause brain damage how bad is it? lower IQ, or just sleep problems etc.

2.are there any credible studies on this?
maccoll35

Postby paschal » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Aspartame has been linked to headaches, memory loss, vision problems, and even seizures. Before it was finally approved through political force, there was concern over it possibly causing brain tumors. To see an official document from The Department of Health and Human Services regarding reactions reported to the FDA go to http://dorway.com/92symptomsfotocopy.html

For testimonials, scientific documents, and other info regarding aspartame go to http://holisticmed.com/aspartame
paschal

Postby aelfraed50 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:37 pm

No, at least not from what I've seen before ever. My dad drinks a ridiculous amount of diet pop, and he is an extremely smart person with a high IQ. However, if you drink a lot of it, since it's pop, you probably won't stay very skinny, and I've heard it's pretty bad for your heart. So if you drink a lot of it, I'd be a little more worried about your heart than your brain, and that's really only if you drink it like everyday.

However I don't think it contains aspartame though I may be wrong. That I'm pretty sure if consumed in large amounts frequently too, can cause brain cancer to possibly develop.

Basically, don't drink a lot of any kind of pop
aelfraed50

Postby bradach65 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:44 pm

You will not be able to sleep well but when you do you will have to piss and then you will wet the bed. You then will be transported to a different dimension and have to eat pork for a living. Then chewbacca will come a you and break your head open with an axe and eat your liver. And then you will die.
bradach65

Postby macallister11 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:50 pm

It can damage the vessels in the brain and cause stroke or aneurysm. This is due to the fact that artificial sweeteners are a poison to the body and can potentially cause serious harm to you.
macallister11

Return to Brain Tumors